cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abmchi
Former Member
Message 1 of 1

Vulnerability Scanner keeps saying I need Critical Adobe Air 3.2.0.2070 installed but I don't want Adobe Air or Flash installed. why must i install it?

btw, I run win7 professional, have total protection [latest update], and also have acrobat pro XI [ver 11.0.22] and acrobat reader dc [ver 17.012.20098] installed.

note sure if this is needed b/o acrobat pro XI is no longer supported .... or just that McAfee assumes everyone want adobe Air or flash ... I don't since still are security problems.

I couldn't find any version of air listed in control pane/programs&features..... Thus, after I let vulnerability scanner in total protection install this "Critical Adobe Air 3.2.0.2070 update," I uninstalled it.

I am concerned just because:

1- Vulnerability scanner keeps giving me the push that this download is critical...so why and what is it finding in my system that I can't see?   and,and,

2-my having found numerous blocked incoming every 1-2 minutes when looking in security history [btw, cannot find a way to download the list...have to use multiple screenshots so I can trace a few]

probably unrelated, but usually I do not skip a 'critical' update

btw, ran latest virtual technician and it found no issue.w/total protection

appreciate any thoughts re need for this critical update when I can't see having air on my pc.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community