cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RayW
Contributor
Message 1 of 11

VirusScan not autoupdating using Mac OS 10.14.3

Verizon Macafee version 3.8.1.2 (3646) fails to auto-update despite auto-update being turned on. Reinstalled the product still unable to auto-update. How can this be corrected?

10 Replies
Felix_I
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 11

Re: VirusScan not autoupdating using Mac OS 10.14.3

Hi @ RayW,

I have sent a private email to you, please respond to the mail

Thanks,
Felix.

epc1
Contributor
Message 3 of 11

I have the same issue of not being able to update using Mac OS 10.11.6

RayW
Contributor
Message 4 of 11

Unable to reply since I have not received an email. 

Felix_I
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 5 of 11

Hi epc1,

I understand your concern with McAfee VirusScan not auto updating on Mac OS Version 10.11.6. I will like to know from where are you getting McAfee product from? is it a direct McAfee Subscription or are you getting McAfee from your Internet Service Provider?

Thanks,
Felix.

epc1
Contributor
Message 6 of 11

I got my  McAfee directly from McAfee as a subscription.

Felix_I
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 7 of 11

Hi @epc1,

Thank you for your response. Please click on the link provider below for more clarification about the Minimum system requirements for McAfee Security Software for MAC.

https://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/oracle/webcenter/page/scopedMD/s55728c97_466d_4ddb_952d_...

Based on the System Requirement, the link providers the version of McAfee Software available for you.

Thanks,
Felix.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

HughJass
Contributor II
Message 8 of 11

I too am having this problem running McAfee Internet Security (AT&T) 4.5.9 running on MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6.

Felix_I
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 9 of 11

Hi @HughJass,

Please try uninstalling and reinstalling McAfee on your Mac and then try checking for McAfee Update again.

Please let us know the status after following the steps if the update is successful or not.

Regards,
Felix.

HughJass
Contributor II
Message 10 of 11

Removed and reinstalled IS. It's only been one day but I haven't received the message indicating I needed updating. An odd observation however is that nothing is mentioned in the History & Log. It only lists Real Time Scans. Nothing about updates or auto-updates.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community