cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peacekeeper
Message 11 of 34

Re: Virus Scan and Quick Clean start 5 hours early.

Ah ok will check this way

stewdanko
Former Member
Message 12 of 34

I just got off the phone with Dell Technical Support for McAfee.  They told me that I need to switch completely to a manual scan and there was no way they could fix my problem.  I asked them to escalate this with an incident to a McAfee developer and was told that they were not authorized to do so.  I told them that if I wanted to do manual scans, that I might as well use a free service such as Avast.  They then offered me a refund and refused to take the incident any further.

I will be writing to Christopher Young at Intel and telling him that the Dell support for McAfee is non-existent.  I will recommend, once again, that he terminate their contract.  The support I get on my McAfee product is a joke.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 13 of 34

Will pass this on the the lead support agent I know and ask him what, if anything, he can do.

stewdanko
Former Member
Message 14 of 34

Okay, thanks.  I will be writing to McAfee and Dell executives about this as well.

Peacekeeper
Message 15 of 34

Would not hurt.

user_118535
Former Member
Message 16 of 34

Hi,

Please let us know if you are still seeing this issue.

Regards,

Manoj

Peacekeeper
Message 17 of 34

Yes I am on beta so reporting it via that product's defect report.From what I gather stewdanko is stiill getting the issue but will let him confirm it. He is on retail.

stewdanko
Former Member
Message 18 of 34

manoj.kulkarni wrote:

Hi,

Please let us know if you are still seeing this issue.

Regards,

Manoj

Yes, I am.

Peacekeeper
Message 19 of 34

I have been monitoring this past week and my version of Mcafee all access is a beta version but exhibiting this issue every day QC fires up 5 hrs early then at the correct time as well.

I am reporting this as a defect to the beta team maybe someone should check on the retail side in support and see if they can repro it.

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 20 of 34

Re: Re: Virus Scan and Quick Clean start 5 hours early.

Hi

I will be reviewing the SR 1788090466 and post back what exactly happened with the Support Interaction. In the mean time could you please post back the version of McAfee installed.

Open McAfee GUI > About > Version of Security Center

Regards

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community