cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jlcavor
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

Virus Scan Plus - Automatic Updates

Automatic update is not working reliably on two computers. I have it set to notify me when updates are available for download which it does with a notification in the lower right hand corner of my screen. I click update and the update indicator starts but a few second later disappears. Sometimes I will get a message telling me the update was installed but it is not. Other times, if I check on "update progress" after a few minutes I find it is stuck on the first step, downloading update, but then it moves on and completes and the update is installed. Manually checking for and installing an update is always successful.

Version information:

McAfee Virus Scan Plus

Version: 15.0

Build: 15.0.288

Last update: 7/16/2011

DAT Version: 6409 (manually updated)

DAT Creation  Date: 7/16/2011

Boot DAT Version: 6405.0000

Boot DAT Creation Date: 7/17/2011

Engine Version: 5400.1158

This new version was recently download and installed on both computers. I did not have this issue with the prior version.

Thanks for any feedback on what might be the problem here.

2 Replies
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 3

Re: Virus Scan Plus - Automatic Updates

Hello Jlcavor,

Could you please update us with the below information ;

What is the computer ‘s operating system ?

How is the computer connected to Internet ? (dsl/wireless/cable)

Do you currently have any other seeucirty software running along side McAfee ? OR anything in the past ?

Regards,

jlcavor
Former Member
Message 3 of 3

Re: Virus Scan Plus - Automatic Updates

Both computers are running Windows XP Professional SP3. One is connected by hardwired ethernet directly to my router and then via a cable modem to the internet. The other is connected wirelessly through the same router/cable modem. Neither of these computers has had any other security SW installed other than McAfee. The last update for both went OK. It's just not a stable or realiable process.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community