cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
djklaugh
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Virtual Technician problem

I ran Virtual Technician today and it reported "virus scan 19.0.161" needed to be up dated. Update link does not work. Going directly to my McAfee Total Protection indicates it is up to date with no new updates needed and no problems detected with any scan.  Nor can I find any information about this more recent than 2011 in your data base.  Is this a known glitch with VT? Or is there something I need to do to correct this?  Thanks

6 Replies
djklaugh
Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Re: Virtual Technician problem

Just ran VT again and got the same issue. PLEASE respond. Alleged link to "resolve" issue does NOT work!

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 3 of 7

Hi @djklaugh 

It is likely to be a glitch with VT. Could you re-install McAfee Virtual Technician and check? 

djklaugh
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

I   tried that and still VT is reporting "Virus Scan 19.0.161 up date needed"  and alleged link to do so does NOT work.

Peacekeeper
Message 5 of 7

Just checking what is your current version of Virusscan installed and Engine version?

djklaugh
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

I have McAfee Total Protection installed -- it says it's up to date. I don't know what you mean or how to find version of Virusscan and Engine version.   Additional problem today - Vulnerability scan said I need to download Flash player 22.0.0.209 - which is 3 years out of date!  My flash player has the most current version.  Although the McAfee program says it's up to date at the bottom it says copywrite McAfee 2016.  Why would I now have an old version of Total Protection when I did not have that before??? I just paid $99 to renew my subscription.  No I did NOT down load any new version of Total Protection

Peacekeeper
Message 7 of 7

Open Mcafee and go to tab MY Info that open last page and on bottom is About that has the details I asked for. Re other issue best you call support.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community