cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mjmaiers19
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Virtual Tech/Real time scanning

I am unable to turn on real time scanning.  Also, when I try to install the online tech it will not let me install it.  Since these problems happened I am unable to use several web pages that I use for work at home, it will not let me download images from those sites to view.  Any help would be appreciated.

Mike

3 Replies
Abhilash
Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: Virtual Tech/Real time scanning

Hi Mike

Could you please let me know your connection that you are using to connect with the Internet(Is it Dial-up, DSl or Cable)?

Also please let me know the operating system you are using?

Do you suspect any malware infection or any type of infection in your computer?

mjmaiers19
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

I am using AT&T uverse wireless.  I have vista home 64bit operating system.  I have run malwarebytes in saft mode, full scan and found nothing.

Thanks for any help,

Mike

Dinz
Former Member
Message 4 of 4

Hi mjmaiers19,

Basically its not recommended to run a different security software along with McAfee and it might have conflicts during DAT download and scan, please try to uninstall the different security software and update McAfee.

After you remove malware bytes from control panel, make sure to remove the traces of Malware bytes from the below location even;

C:\program data\
C:\program files & also common files.

Regards,

Dinesh K

McAfee Online Community Moderator

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community