cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
donaldo80105
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

Upload nightmares

I need help.  Mcafee is unable and uninterested in helping.

Mcafee downloaded an update....it said.."restart your computer"........when I did it opened in Safe Mode.  I spent 2 hours on the phone with the Phillipines and India and got nowhere.  Finally I went to RESTORE and got it to work.

2 weeks later another update arrived, I just kept hitting restart later.  I shut down and when I opened the next day, Safe Mode was back.  I tried RESTORE many times at differeent dates and nothing happened.

I have been trying for 3 days to contact McaFee in the U.S. and so far they have made sure that no customer can talk to an American in the U.S.

I am sending this from a friends computer, because, of course I can``t go online.

Would some kind soul help me please!

TIA   Don

1 Reply
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 2

Re: Upload nightmares

First of all support is in India, that's a fact, so you wont get a US person.  It's to save money and keep prices down and whilst I think it would be nice if local people could be employed it's an almost universal industrial practice these days.

I've never heard of that happening before.  What is the operating system and service pack on that machine?  Also what version of Internet Explorer is installed?   Sounds to me like some drivers failed, possibly because they were in need of updating.

Restoring is fine but if you don't remove McAfee altogether first it's only going to keep repeating itself.

If you have a flash drive handy that you could use to transfer files to that machine, download MCPR cleanup tool from the link under Useful LLinks at the top of this page and run that after transferring it to the desktop.   Then reboot (regular mode should now work) and go to your online account and download the installer, which hopefully will give you a clean copy of the software.   But only do it after you have installed all updates from Microsoft Update that apply to your machine.

While that flash drive is handy, download the Malwarebytes Free installer from the last link in my signature below and install, update and then run that, just in case.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community