cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Leelee26
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Updating card details before renewal next month.

Unfortunately the payment card registered on my mcafee account was used fraudulent recently & therefore it had to be cancelled by my bank (NatWest Uk) & a new card issued. My old card was a visa debit & the new one issued is a Mastercard debit (Natwest is moving away from visa) but both linked to my bank account. Natwest operate an approval function where when you set up a payment or add the card details to an account you have to approve it in one’s banking app. New card arrived today & I set up Apple Pay & updated on another site that I have regular payments made from…both occasions a box comes up on the screen saying i need to approve this request on my banking app…I go to my banking app..approve it & then go back to the screen & press approved via my banking app then I get updated successful! 
So I thought this would be the same process with updating my card on my Mcafee account. It is but the problem I came across is that the “approval box” only flashes up for a nano second & then disappears which results in my banking app asking for approval which I give but no page to go back to to say I have done this & thus renders my request unsuccessful! 5 times I tried! Finally rang customer services who also tried to add my card details….my phone flashed up approval but again wasn’t successful at her end! Ended up abandoning the phone call….the lady in customer services said I needed to check that my card was active! It was…I had set up Apple Pay & changed the card details on other sites with no problem! So I tried another natwest visa debit card I have with a secondary account….same problem…the “approval in your banking app” on the mcafee site only flashes up for a second…so one can not complete the approval to get the changes made! 
in the end I used a credit card which worked straight away…so at least next month when the auto renewal is due it will be sorted. My question….or 2 questions…are only credit cards accepted now despite buying & renewing last year using my visa debit card! And why does the system “flash up” the “approve in your banking app” page…seems to me there is a blip in the system that needs addressing…as that page should stay up on the system until the client has approved in their banking app & then gone back to the page to click I have approved in my app…or is the new level of security too much for mcafee? All online transactions are moving to this new level of security whether it’s approve in app or receive a 4/5 digit via txt…

1 Reply
Sudharsanam_G1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Updating card details before renewal next month.

Hi @Leelee26 

We regret for the inconvenience!

Kindly refer the below article for details about updating the credit information on your McAfee account.

How to update or remove your credit card information

Alternatively, You can always contact the chat support using below link for immediate assistance.

McAfee Support

Regards,
Sudharsanam G

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community