cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
billybarue
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

Update and MVT will not complete

It appears that I have lost the ability for my McAfee programs to reach McAfee systems online. The security center update can be started and goes to start downloading, but never goes past 0%. I can start trying to run McAfee Virtual Technician and it will begin, but I get a windows stopped working popup when MVT appears to be updating to the latest version. It looks like this started about a week ago; January 10th looks like the last update. My internet connection in general appears to be working fine

1 Reply
SeeSee
Contributor
Message 2 of 2

Re: Update and MVT will not complete

Hello. I don't claim to be an expert on your problem but try this and see what happens. It's possible that something on your computer may be blocking the installation of Updates so begin by restarting your computer and logging on with a user account with Administrative privileges. (NOTE: If you're unfamiliar with any of the following procedures, research them BEFORE attempting them and BEFORE logging onto an Administrative Account).  1) Run a FULL Virus and Spyware scan on your computer.  2) Clean out your "Temp" folder: Run>>Open:>>%temp%.  3) Find and run "Disk Cleanup" in your computer's Systems Tools folder and delete all entries there.  4) Delete your "Browsing History:" Control Panel>>Network and Internet Connections>>Internet Options>>Browsing History. Make sure everything is checked and delete everything.  5) Configure and Run McAfee's "QuickClean" in McAfee's PC and Home Network Tools. After this, go directly to McAfee's Support website and see if you can re-run or re-download MVT again. Please note that none of the steps outlined above will harm your computer. These are a simple fix which I've used in the past with quite some success but if they don't work, check back here and someone else may offer other advice. Good luck.   

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community