cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sunvit
Former Member
Message 1 of 13

Unable to send Quaratined Files

I am using Mcafee Total Protection 2010. I have some quarantined files in the folder. I am unable to send the quarantined files to Mcafee as it says ERROR. Send failed.

Please help.

12 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 13

Re: Unable to send Quaratined Files

Hi sunvit, this is a common problem as more & more ISP's block that traffic as it uses a special path.

The alternatives are outlined in my thread here:  http://community.mcafee.com/thread/2016

sunvit
Former Member
Message 3 of 13

If you mean to say that certain communication ports are blocked by ISP, then Mcafee must take steps to overcome this blocks as there are ports that cannot be blocked by an ISP and hence Mcafee could change the software to suit the needs of people living in all parts of world. If you could provide me with the port number then I could check and see if the issue is genuine.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 13

It';s not ports but a certain protocol that is blocked.  Not sure what, sorry.  I'm not a technician.  Technical Support Chat could tell you that information.

sunvit
Former Member
Message 5 of 13

Blocking for Protocols is not the issue. I have used a paid VPN service to connect to internet and still the issue remains unresolved. I have had a long chat with the techician in Mcafee. He has no clue and the issue still remains unresolved.

I hope someone in Mcafee speaks.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 13

Ask Technical Support to escalate the issue to a higher level.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 26/04/10 3:47:52 EDT PM
sunvit
Former Member
Message 7 of 13

I think I know the issue of why I am not able to send Quarantined Files. It has been noted that Mcafee is using Port 25 to send these files. Port 25 is a common and the most misused port and hence ISP's block the port.

It was noted that the IP address to which the Quarantine Files are send are: 67.97.80.84 using Port 25.

On further analysis of the issue through a port probe it was noted that Port 25 for IP address 67.97.80.84 is closed.

Anybody can try it. Go to http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ and then enter IP address as 67.97.80.84  and Port address 25 to check. See what is the result. Mcafee must use a secure port like 443 to over come this issue.

Anybody can try this and let me know. Please download an eicar test virus and try to send it. Let me know what happens.

I would also like someone in Mcafee to confirm this issue.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 13

We've talked so many times about this on the conference calls as it has bugged the heck out of me so many times personally.

Sorry but it was too late to add to this week's one  but I will add it to next week's call.

Edit:  I also get port closed using the test you posted.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 27/04/10 9:24:08 EDT AM
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 13

By the way. what operating system and service pack is this?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 10 of 13

This issue is being followed up.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community