cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dl150463
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

Unable to Load some www Pages

I am running ie8 and some personal sites - i.e. www.americanexpress.com sites just will not display or load? System is Vista Home Premium. Any and all advice welcomed.

I have removed all cookies, scanned my machine as many times as you can image, but some pages and sub-pages just do not load.

Message was edited by: dl150463 on 01/10/10 03:07:44 CDT
3 Replies
Aldrin
Former Member
Message 2 of 4

Re: Unable to Load some www Pages

Please try the following:

* Open Internet Explorer> Click on Tools> Internet Options> Advanced> Click on Reset not Restore advanced settings (that would reset the Internet Explorer to its default settings) - Check the status

* If required uninstall Internet Explorer 8.0 from Control Panel> Programs and Features, so that it would de-grade the Internet Explorer to Internet Explorer 7.0 - Then try the websites

Let us know if the above helps you

dl150463
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

Aldrin,

Thanks for your feedback.

I have followed your recommendations and confirm that it solved one of the sites but not all. I have also tried various other options including removal of Mcafee and the problems remains.

The other peculiarlity is that when I ping the web-address I have a time-out repsonse but when accessessing from my Blackberry - the pages appear! It seems that McAfee is not the problem but do not know where now to start.

Thank you again for your input and guidance.

Regards,

David

Aldrin
Former Member
Message 4 of 4

Hi David,

Well, this may occur in case if you have some Malware infections on your computer as well. However, please try the following:

1. Click on Start> Click on Run> Type CMD> Click on OK> Type IPCONFIG /FLUSHDNS> Hit Enter> Click on OK

2. Also click on Start> Click on Run> Type Drivers> Check whether you have any unwanted entries in the HOST file under 127.0.0.1 local host – If found delete it (I have enclosed the screenshot of the default host file herewith)

3. Open Internet Explorer> Click on Tools> Internet Options> Advanced> Click on Connections Tab> Click on LAN Settings>Make sure Proxy Server is not selected (if selected uncheck it)

4. You may also reboot the computer in Safe Mode with Networking and check the status

Hope this would help you

Message was edited by: Aldrin on 3/10/10 8:19:50 PM IST
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community