Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
George321
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Total Protection vs LiveSafe difference please help

Hi folks,

I have Live safe and its time to renew.  The pop up says stay protected.  It says "Dell" McAfee, and it's $59 dollars. This is from the pop up on my computer when I hit the button on the pop up.

I then go directly to the Mcafee website on my own,  and see "Total Protection" for $39 dollars.

I'm confused,  can anyone tell me the difference. I'm an old timer and we have two desktops in our house. That is it.

Thanks for response

3 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 4

Re: Total Protection vs LiveSafe difference please help

Either would be ok I use Livesafe and if you not happy with renewal price call customer service and has a whinge they might offer a discount. Seems way one needs to go sometimes.
Found this
There is no such big difference between McAfee Total protection and McAfee Livesafe, except some of the features like prices Slight variations . There is one more thing which makes a difference between the two products is Secure Cloud Storage
Try this

George321
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for your answer  buy I can't find anywhere on the McAfee site that compares the 2.  We don't use cloud storage.

I do use the shredder and cleaner in LiveSafe.  Is that also in Total Protection.

And the prices are all over the place.  There is one price for 5 devices in TP and when I sign in it is a much higher price. Why does this have to be so confusing? 

Also we use Windows 7.  It says they are all compatible but in the questions section it says desktop is Windows 8 and 10

Peacekeeper
Message 4 of 4

"Microsoft doesn't plan to stop fixing security problems in Windows 7 until extended support ends. That's January 14, 2020"- so I assume McAfee should withdraw support then. Of course only McAfee can answer than for sure.

Re comparisons you mean reviews plenty those on the net but I would use the cheaper of the 2 as they are much the same. There is a 10 unit deal similar price to 1 unit for TP. Livesafe is dearer I feel as unlimited devices.

Maybe a mod can answer better

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community