cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
losthunter
Contributor
Message 1 of 13

Total Protection 2013 invalid code.

We just bought McAfee Total Protection 2013 for 3-Users last night to replace our old McAfee Anti-Virus Plus(which expired).

I've followed the uninstall process recommended by this site to get rid of the old program (uninstalling,running the cleanup program,then restarting).

I've installed the new one, again following the process, and at the Step 1 of 2: Enter Your Product Key, I keep getting "You've entered an invalid product key.Please try again.".

I have tried using the enter cd code page on the McAfee site as well and it either comes up with invalid or something like "We are having trouble with our site please try again later"

I don't know what else to do as I don't feel comfortable calling the help line and every post I see about this problem doesn't have a solution listed.

We NEED to have this fixed quickly since we can't afford to loose another $50-60 to buy another program.

The problem needs to be fixed before the subscription time lapses on 3/16.

Some fast help would be greatly appreciated.

12 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 13

Re: Total Protection 2013 invalid code.

Customer Service will help by phone or online chat.

http://service.mcafee.com/CustomerService.aspx?lc=1033&sg=CS&pt=1

losthunter
Contributor
Message 3 of 13

I just spent over 30 minutes with the customer service online chat,I had the service operator take over.They said that the issue was fixed and to please uninstall then reinstall. I did.

It still says that the product key code is "invalid".

I don't know what to do now.I'm getting really frustrated.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 13

Then contact technical Support not Customer Service and ask them to escalate the issue.  Sorry it's the weekend and there's nobody around here to ask.

losthunter
Contributor
Message 5 of 13

Sorry, I meant Technical Support.I didn't notice I put customer service until after I posted.They didn't seem to help much since it didn't work.

For some reason it now says:

• Protection is available with McAfee Total Protection – Trial Subscription
  • Expires: 3/1/2014

But it's only available on one pc and not even the ones that are in use (they have the expired AntiVirus Plus listed)

It's not like I can return the stupid program to get something else,not after I've already scratched the back for the non-working code.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 13

I'm afraid I don't understand that either.  All I can do is send an email to my support contact.   I have no idea if they are on duty but at least I will try.

losthunter
Contributor
Message 7 of 13

Thank you for trying. This has been the most problems I've ever had with a McAfee product and I have been a loyal user for 5 years.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 13

Hopefully so someone will add their idea here.  I've never dealt with a registration key with my account.

karthiks
Former Member
Message 9 of 13

Losthunter,

See my post HERE and check if you are able to fix the issue

karthiks
Former Member
Message 10 of 13

Losthunter,

Check if my above post resolves the issue, if not please login to McAfee account HERE and login with your email address & password. Check if you have the new product 3-User McAfee Total Protection expires 03/01/2014, the one you purchased recently. If available follow the below instructions and reinstall the McAfee. I checked our database it seems the 3-User McAfee Total Protection expires 03/01/2014 already activated so download and install it to get this issue fixed.

Run McAfee removal tool

http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe

Restart the machine

Click HERE login and install the McAfee

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community