cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bulshadouw
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

System Configuration Error?

Im currently using McAfee Virus protection Plus Elit or something like that, and well i was wondering if McAfee can create an error when trying to modify the System Config Start up? like when ever i go to change the things that are on the start up it gives me a message saying that im not authoried and that i need to log on as an Admin to be able to make changes to the Start up. However when im making these changes i am on an Administrator account. So basicly i was wondering if this could be caused by a Virus/Trojan or if it were something that the McAfee program had to prevent programs to making changes on the Start Up.

P.S i have already run the Antivirus and has found nothing 😕 help?

5 Replies
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 6

Re: System Configuration Error?

Hi there,

Could you please let us know if you are using the Consumer Version or the Enterprise version of McAfee programs ? If possible can you please provide us with a screen shot of the error.

Regards,

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 3 of 6

If you are using Enterprise version of VSE then similar issue is discussed in KB#: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB66915.

Message was edited by: hem on 28/2/12 5:47:18 AM IST
bulshadouw
Former Member
Message 4 of 6

I have McAfee Anti-virus Plus Elite edition...

As stated before i tryed to do this while being in an Admin account..

Error.JPG

Message was edited by: bulshadouw on 2/27/12 6:37:12 PM CST
klauzser
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Do you encounter this problem in any program that you are trying to disable on startup or just on certain programs?

Dinz
Former Member
Message 6 of 6

This could be probably related to any issues on that particular user account you have logged into. What is the operating system.?

Well I would try to create a new user account with admin rights and check the same , which would help to figure out where the issues lies. . . .

Regards,

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community