cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bassdad
Former Member
Message 1 of 8

Synchronization Application error messages

What is the Synchronization Application and are others getting frequent errors of the Synchronization Application after installing the latest version of Internet Security? I have a Dell E5510 running Windows XP SP3 Media Edition. Turning off Netguard has stopped the Service Host errors from repeatedly popping up, but I still get Synchronization errors once or twice a day.

7 Replies
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 8

Re: Synchronization Application error messages

Could you please  provide us some more information on those synchronization errors ?  Also kindly provide us with a screenshot of the error message .

Regards,

keiooz
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

What is the exactly error message you get? Please be more specific.

bassdad
Former Member
Message 4 of 8

I will get a screen capture the next time it pops up. In the meantime, can someone explain what the Synchronization Application is? How compromised am I if this application is closing every day?

edgraham
Former Member
Message 5 of 8

Yes, other people are getting this error.  I was receiving this error at least 6 times a day until I contacted tech support.  They took over my computer and after about 2 hrs the program will not even run.  Of course it's a microsoft issue and since xp is no longer supported, I will need to get another virus program elsewhere.  All the other programs on my computer run without problems, but mcafee will not.  And by the way, I purchased a three year paid subscription for 3 computers. 

robert2012
Former Member
Message 6 of 8

Hi, i have the same problema with win xp sp3, the synchronization error, repeat every day several times. So, for what adgraham said , it is or not a windows problem, that can´t be resolved for McAfee

¿Could you, please, say it clear to it, if it is or not the case?

Thank you very much,

Joseph

update 1800h: I removed mcafee with mpcr tool ( it were not possible to be removed from add/remove program ), i reint, i reinstall everything from cero... and still is the same old problem on. I says every a little time , the problem with syncronization app, and mcafee host..

El mensaje fue editado por: robert2012 on 1/06/12 11:01:33 CDT
Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 8

@robert2012, this question is in two places. The other one is at https://community.mcafee.com/thread/45868.

Which one do you want to keep?

Peacekeeper
Message 8 of 8

keep the other 1 I am locking this.

The sync error and mcafee host errors on XP are caused by

http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS101320

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 2/06/12 6:50:54 AM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community