cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shridruplo
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Switching from Live Safe and Safe Connect to Total Protection Basic

I want to switch from McAfee Live Safe and McAfee Safe Connect to McAfee Total Protection Basic. Does the Total Protection Basic installation process include a step to uninstall Live Safe and Safe Connect? If I do not uninstall the Live Safe and Safe Connect while installing Total Protection Basic will my system crash? If I do not manage to uninstall Live Safe and Safe Connect while installing Total Protection Basic, will I still be able to get help with the Installation and  activation process? I have already turned off auto renewal for Live Safe and Safe Connect.

2 Replies
Nagesh_G
Message 2 of 3

Re: Switching from Live Safe and Safe Connect to Total Protection Basic

Hi @shridruplo ,

kindly refer the below link that has information on how to remove mcafee products

Uninstall Mcafee  .

kindly refer the below link that has information on how to install Mcafee

Install Mcafee  .

Regards

Nagesh G

shridruplo
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Switching from Live Safe and Safe Connect to Total Protection Basic

Thanks for referring me to the videos. Is it acceptable to uninstall McAfee Live Safe prior to downloading and installing McAfee Total Protection Basic? I use a HP Pavilion laptop.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community