cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SweenyT1969
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Suspicious Subscription-Renewal Email

I have had a email stating my subscription needs to be renewed but the email address it was sent from looks suspicious can anyone confirm this is a genuine McAfee email address?

**personal information omitted**

4 Replies
karthikeyan_J
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 5

Re: Suspicious Subscription-Renewal Email

Hi @SweenyT1969 

The email address provided will not be visible here due to sensitive information. We have sent you a private message, please respond to proceed further.

Thanks,.
Karthikeyan J

4oregonz
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Hello.  On 09/24/2021, we received a suspicious email from Norah Garcia in the billing department at McAffe.  billing dept.nga(at)gmail.com.

We have NEVER used McAfee that comes with the products we have purchased.  This email showed an auto-renewal of $299.99.

I called the number provided in the email of +1(8O8)444-45O8.  I spoke with a very thick accented "Alex" in customer support.  He said I did have an account from 2019, and to turn off auto-renew (even though not charged in 2020 or 2021) he would have to remote connect me on my laptop to their billing department if I wanted a refund.

I said I was not going to auto-connect to anyone.  He said that the bill will be processed and not to call back for a refund should the payment process.   He could not tell me what billing information they had for me. 

Our bank account has changed since 2019.  I will indeed call my two banks and put a do not process on them both should McAfee indeed attempt to withdraw funds from either of our accounts. 

We do not have, nor have we ever had a McAfee account.   

McAfee should notify their customers now about this spam email, as I have now seen it reported three times on top of ours being the fourth.  

Regards,

4oregonz

Kerry Quimby

karthikeyan_J
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 5

Hi @4oregonz 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and we are truly sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We have verified that there is no McAfee account associated with your email registered with McAfee Forums. Also, any email from McAfee will end with (at)McAfee.com. We will pass on this information on the particular scam number to our backend team for further investigation.

Thanks again,
Karthikeyan J

karthikeyan_J
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 5 of 5

Hi @SweenyT1969 

The email you received is a SCAM and does not have a McAfee domain. Please mark the email as SPAM and let us know if you need any further asisstance.

Thanks,
Karthikeyan J

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community