Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sinke
Contributor II
Message 1 of 12

Subscription issue

Jump to solution

Greetings, smart people.

I bought my Toshiba laptop 6 months ago, with trial McAfee protection. As recommended by product, I bought the real thing (Total Protection). I was pleased until one day the program informed me my subscription ended ages ago, and that I am without protection. Checking support forums, I realised all I need to do is to reinstall McAfee product, which I did. That fixed it.

Now, the same thing happened, but for some reason my online account claims I have no McAfee purchases, apart from preinstalled trial.

I have receipt for my purchase, and would like to know how this issue can be fixed. Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sinke
Contributor II
Message 11 of 12

Re: Subscription issue

Jump to solution

I managed to solve the issue.

It seems I had two accounts in McAfee's database. One was made when trial version was installed, the other when I bought Total Protection. Once the software claimed my subscription expired, I logged into the one listing trial version.

I downloaded the right stuff, and everything seems ok now. Hopefully, the software won't ask for subscription before the due time.

Thank you for your quick replies.The problem has been solved.

PS: The links provided  work today 

Message was edited by: sinke on 2/19/12 12:25:56 PM CST

View solution in original post

11 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 12

Jump to solution

This sort of subscription issue should be easily rectified with the help of the subscription repair tool. Please click on this link http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS100966 and follow the instructions that should take care of your issue permanently.

sinke
Contributor II
Message 3 of 12

Jump to solution

Sorry, but this link is dead (leads to McAfee site saying it doesn't recognize document ID).

If I may notice, the provided link has been given to various other forum members with similar issue, and leads to same results.

k3tg
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 12

Jump to solution

The link Ex_Brit posted works for me when I click on it. I wonder if it could possibly be a server issue.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 12

Jump to solution

It works fine for me.  Try another browser perhaps?

Alternatively you can go to http://service.mcafee.com/FAQSearch.aspx?lc=1033&sg=TS&pt=1 and enter TS100966 - the same link will come up.

sinke
Contributor II
Message 6 of 12

Jump to solution

Sorry, it still doesn't work for me. It says...

The Document ID you entered was not recognized in our system. Please type the Document ID again, and make sure to use the correct prefix.

• Technical Support documents use the prefix TS. For example, TS100376. To search for a specific document, navigate using the link at the top of the page. Click FAQs and Search on the left, and then click Proceed to Search.

• Customer Service documents use the prefix CS. For example, CS40021. To search for a specific document, navigate using the link at the top of the page, then click FAQs and Search on the left.

I am from Europe, if that helps?

Is it possible to access the tool from other source?

sinke
Contributor II
Message 7 of 12

Jump to solution

I managed to access given TS through search, but it doesn't help me.

I have removed Total Protection from my computer, hoping to reinstall it from my account's link. Since my account says that I never bought TP, I can't install it   

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 12

Jump to solution

OK until someone from McAfee see this the only solution would be to contact Customer Service which for your area is in the UK so the best way is online chat:  http://service.mcafee.com/ServiceSelect.aspx?lc=2057&sg=CS&pt=1&st=CHAT anf that is only staffed Monday - Friday.   I'll flag this internally in the hope someone from support is monitoring the forums.

sinke
Contributor II
Message 9 of 12

Jump to solution

Thanks. I hope they will leave a reply.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 10 of 12

Jump to solution

I hope so too.  Good luck 😉

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community