cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bordehill
Former Member
Message 1 of 9

Site advisor green ticks

How do you stop the Site Advisor green ticks from magnifying up into a pop-up as you move the mouse across the green tick next to the website hits?

8 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 9

Re: Site advisor green ticks

Dinz
Former Member
Message 3 of 9

Hi ,

Please click on the drop down (arrow mark) on Site Advisor and click on Show balloon – If its enabled by now it should be disabled when you click on that (it becomes greyed out) .

Show balloon option.JPG

Peacekeeper
Message 4 of 9

Not so for mine In FF4. No tick there and clicking that shows google site popup.

Never a grey out

bordehill
Former Member
Message 5 of 9

Hi Dinesh

Dont have Show Balloon option - other options there but not that one.

bordehill
Former Member
Message 6 of 9

Hi Tony - am using Chrome

Peacekeeper
Message 7 of 9

Ah that might be it. Sorry I do not have it

spc3rd
Former Member
Message 8 of 9

Welcome to the McAfee Community Forums, Bordehill!

I have discovered one way to keep the "balloons" from opening when you pass your cursor over them, although it's a little off the beaten path, so-to-speak. 

If I increase my Internet security level (under the <Security> tab in Internet Options) to HIGH, the balloons will not automatically display.  I have to click on them to display the information box.

This may or may not be an option for you.  Aside from just not passing the mouse pointer over the balloons, the only other option I know of is this:

- Click on the McAfee icon in your toolbar.

- Click on Options...

- Click on the down arrow in the box shown to the right of the words, "In my search results"

- Select "Don't show site ratings" from the 3 options displayed

- Click on Save to save your selection.

This will keep the ballloons from even being displayed.  I am puzzled as to why the balloon option is not shown when you click on the McAfee icon though.

Perhaps other community forum members may have a better answer than I.

Message was edited by: spc3rd on 6/9/11 2:56:37 PM EDT

Message was edited by: spc3rd on 6/9/11 2:59:14 PM EDT

Message was edited by: spc3rd on 6/9/11 3:02:55 PM EDT
Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 9 of 9

@bordehill : there's no way I can see to prevent the SiteAdvisor balloon from being triggered when you roll the mouse over the rating symbol. There are two drastic ways to stop it altogether, neither of which is what you want.

1. Go into Chrome-->Wrench-->Options-->Under the hood-->Content Settings and under Javascript : Manage exceptions enter "[*.]www.google.com" and select Block.  No javascript will be allowed on Google Search pages from Google.com, and you will not see any site ratings at all.

2. In Chrome, click on the green McAfee shield, select Options, and the SiteAdvisor options window will appear. Click on the General tab, and in 'In my Search results' select 'Don't show site ratings'.

That's it, I'm afraid. This question was dealt with some while back in this thread and I'm not aware of any changes to the display options since then.

Message was edited by: Hayton on 09/06/11 20:52:50 IST
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community