Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
j3nnee
Contributor II
Message 1 of 19

Shut down after Scans

Jump to solution

Is there a reason why McAfee insists on doing updates and NOT include the "shut down if no issues are found" option?

Up until early this morning when I did my final scan of the day, I had the option to scan and then shut down if no problems were found. There was an update last night so I did the update and suddenly I notice that the usual set up for McAfee was different. I went to do my usual scan and it only had Quick and Full but no option to shut down after.

WHY CAN'T McAfee KEEP THE SHUT DOWN AFTER SCAN OPTION AVAILABLE WHEN YOU MAKE US UPDATE? I don't want to have to stay up and wait for the scanner to be done just to manually shut down my PC. I don't leave my computer on 24/7 like most people so I would like this option to be replaced on the next update ASAP.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
karthikeyan_J
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 19 of 19

Re: Shut down after Scans

Jump to solution

Hi @j3nnee 

McAfee is aware of this issue and we are working on restoring this option. We will update you as soon as the option is restored.

We regret for the inconvenience caused.

Thanks,
Karthikeyan J

View solution in original post

18 Replies
karthikeyan_J
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 19

Jump to solution

Hi @j3nnee 

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Please click on Full scan or Quick scan, you will get an option to toggle "Shut down my PC when no threats are found during the scan".

If you do not see this option, please get back to us with the OS version of your PC and the McAfee version(Settings->About), so that we could take this forward.

Thanks,
Karthikeyan J

j3nnee
Contributor II
Message 3 of 19

Jump to solution

Hi,

I don't get the toggle, I get this:

scan1.jpg

What can I do to get the toggle back?

nivaan
Contributor
Message 4 of 19

Jump to solution

When you select the option to turn off real-time scanningMcAfee prompts you to select when to turn it back on: automatically after a short time, on restart, or never. ... Click Real-Time Scanning settings. 2. Under Real-Time Scanning, click Turn off.

j3nnee
Contributor II
Message 5 of 19

Jump to solution

Sorry but that's not my issue.

I just want them to update the program again so I can have my toggle switch to get the "shut down after scan if no issues are found" option. I don't have any problems with the update otherwise.

Peacekeeper
Message 6 of 19

Jump to solution

I checked and all scans ie  quick, Full and scheduled have the shut down option on my 16.0.r32 version.

If yours do not maybe uninstall and reinstall McAfee.

j3nnee
Contributor II
Message 7 of 19

Jump to solution

This is my version: scan2.jpg

Peacekeeper
Message 8 of 19

Jump to solution

Click on that run a scan and post a pic of what the screen says or follow this path click on PC ...antivirus  full scan.

I still see the option

j3nnee
Contributor II
Message 9 of 19

Jump to solution

Hi, I don't think you have the latest version.

I have R33 and you said you have R32. Yours hasn't updated yet.

I already had a Tier 1 tech look at my machine and see I don't have the "shut down" option after scan.

I wrote a letter to the Tier2 hoping for an answer. 😓

jeffstone_
Contributor
Message 10 of 19

Jump to solution

I am having this same issue and reason why joined these forums ... 

I have release 16 R33 as well .... 

I really need the shut down when scan is complete option back.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community