cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tromine
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 41 of 61

Re: Should McAfee be compensating users after 5958 debacle?

Jack,

Its beyond me what you're trying to do with your svchost.exe file and Firewall...but I will personally call our top line Support team right now.  Do me a favor and send me a private message via the Community page, with your phone number so one of our guys can call if necessary.

Product Manager, McAfee Consumer Software
newjack
Former Member
Message 42 of 61

Tromine,I will do this.When i spoke with you about some of my other problems about a week ago.You said that"sounds fishy"I will have someone look into it and get back to you.They never did.Also i am not trying to do anything.

with my svchost file and Mcafee firewall.Windows says i am not protected.Mcafee says i am.I have not been able to get an answer to this and other problems on this forum.I was looking through the Mcafee firewall and wanted to check out some of the programs that have been granted full access.When i clicked on learn more this is what showed up.Mcafee put this file in here.I am not sure what your saying but i will try to get in touch.If you go to post 26 on this page you can see for yourself.

Thanks Jack

Message was edited by: newjack on 5/12/10 5:18:36 PM EDT

Message was edited by: newjack on 5/12/10 5:22:49 PM EDT
firepath1
Former Member
Message 43 of 61

Well, It's now May 13th - has anyone seen instructions from McAfee about how to get reimbursed for the 5958 problem?

tromine
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 44 of 61

Its been posted for a few days.  See the bottom link on this page:  http://us.mcafee.com/en-us/landingpages/np5959.asp?cid=77220

firepath1
Former Member
Message 45 of 61

Ok - Thanks.  If you hadn't replied, I may not have known about that page - I had been checking the main McAfee site and Community site and didn't see any news about it - it was not obvious at all.   From the McAfee site, what is the path to that page?

Peacekeeper
Message 46 of 61

Mcafee main page top right  Mcafee responspe to false positive link.

http://www.mcafee.com/us/

tromine
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 47 of 61

Yes, www.mcafee.com.  Its on a rotating banner that comes up every few seconds.

mcafee-home-pg.png

Saner6465
Former Member
Message 48 of 61

For all Dutch users, here's the link to let McAfee know you want to be compensated and apply for the 2 year extension:

http://nl.mcafee.com/root/campaign.asp?cid=78204

Regards,

Sandra

dougr_t3_suppor
Former Member
Message 49 of 61

Hi Jack,

I tried reproducing this but havent been able to without breaking my xml installation first. I suggest you reinstall XML 3 and XML 4 from Microsoft. Also make sure you are up to date with Windows. It probably wouldn't hurt to reset your browser to defaults.

As far as the McAfee Firewall everything is running fine. The problem is just that the link can't be followed from your PC.

Here is a screeshot from mine when clicking that link.

hw.jpg

Regards,

zekey1
Former Member
Message 50 of 61

I just got off the phone with McAfee, who informed me that the deadline for submitting reimbursemnet applications was May 31st. We had people on this forum asking as late as May 11 where the information was on the website re 5958 reimbursement. And I work for a living, so I really don't have time to keep checking a website for a solution that should have been offered at the time of the screw-up. What a horrible, horrible business model. I cancelled my automatic renewal, and for the rest of my days I will tell anyone who wants to know what an outstandingly bad company McAfee is.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community