Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
halton
Contributor III
Message 1 of 6

Set up as chedule scan with windows security suite 15.1

Jump to solution

I am running Windows 10 My browser is Microsoft Edge. How can I set up a  schedule with windows security 15.1 TS10251 for Dad's reference?

Thank you.

Jerry

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peacekeeper
Message 5 of 6

Re: Set up as chedule scan with windows security suite 15.1

Jump to solution

What I gave was a schedule scan but not a full scan. What you found seems to be setting up task scheduler to do a scan. Best a mod comment as I rarely use task scheduler.

Alternatively you can contact support

Call McAfee support

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

Version 15 is one version back why is he still on that version? You should have been updated ages ago. Current is 16.0.r23.

Is your Mcafee interface like this?

Clipboard.jpg

If so way is

A scheduled scan checks your device for viruses and other threats on a regular basis. By default, McAfee performs a scheduled scan once a week, but you can modify the schedule to fit your needs.

1Open the Scheduled Scans page.

Open McAfee and click on the cog wheel top right. Choose scheduled scan and open it.

2Under Scheduled Scans, if the status is OFF, click Turn on.
3Next, click Schedule Your Scans.
4To use the McAfee scan schedule, select Use McAfee scan schedule, and choose how often you'd like it to run. You can scan once a week, once every second week, or on the first day of each month.
 To set your own scan schedule, select Set my own scan schedule and click the days of the week you want to run scheduled scans. In the hour and minute fields, enter the time of day you want to run scans, and then select AM or PM. In the menu, decide the frequency of scans. You can scan on the specified days once a week, once every second week, or the first week of each month.
5Click Apply.
Peacekeeper
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

I cannot find that reference article can you link to it. If not the mods might expand on my answer

halton
Contributor III
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

I wanted to set up a schedule to run a full scan  on particular days and times. I was searching  looking for this and found it. I bookmarked it and this was the name that it listed. One of the steps that I remember is that it involved pressing the start box and typing a command and it went through step by step on how to do this.

Thanks

Jerry

Peacekeeper
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

What I gave was a schedule scan but not a full scan. What you found seems to be setting up task scheduler to do a scan. Best a mod comment as I rarely use task scheduler.

Alternatively you can contact support

Call McAfee support

halton
Contributor III
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

Thank you your help. 

Jerry

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community