cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CsabaZ
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

SecurityCenter

I tried to install the McAfee Total Protection software trial version on my computer.

I see it is working the SecurityCenter for more than 6 hours (!!!!) behind an empty screen, but it is not doing any further things.

I tried to turn off the cumputer and start again the download and installation procedure. The result was the same, the never ending SecurityCenter  waiting behind the empty screen.

For how many hours or DAYS must I wait for the complete installation of this software?

Thank you for your answer!

3 Replies
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 4

Re: SecurityCenter

Hi CsabaZ,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to install the programs,Could you provide some information like;

What is the type of internet connection (dsl/wireless) ?
Do you have any other security software in the computer?
How old is the computer ?

Regards,
Dinesh K

CsabaZ
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

The internet connection is ADSL.

There is no other security software on the computer.

It is only 2 years old machine.

So I do not understand the reasons. The SecurityCenter is working still 10 hours (!!!!!!!) - the LED is blinking on the modem - but there is no other things. Do not step to the further stair and do not install the software.

Thanks for your reply!

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 4

What version of Internet Explorer do you have installed, is it a beta version?  Go to Help/About.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community