Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
enzot91
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

Security Centre Clashing With Malawarebytes

Hi everyone,

I've been using SecurityCentre for as long as I've had this machine, and around one month ago I was checking out some free alternatives. I uninstalled my McAfee software, and then reinstalled it having decided that the only other one I would keep was Malawarebytes (the free version). Around that time I started getting regular blue screens sometimes as much as once a day, with various different error messages (at least 3 that I counted). Having looked around a few different support websites, it seems that although using more than one different security package can cause this kind of issue, McAfee and Malawarebytes are compatible as long as McAfee was there first - which in my case it wasn't. Is it possible that this could be the root of my problem?

Thanks.

1 Reply
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 2

Re: Security Centre Clashing With Malawarebytes

You'll have to temporarily uninstall Malwarebytes (any version) before installing McAfee as the installer will ultimately fail otherwise.

It's fine to reinstall MBAM afterwards.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 29/07/12 3:55:08 EDT PM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community