cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thecreator
Former Member
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 91 of 108

Re: Scheduled Scan not working

Hi northernva2000,

Everyone has their personal preferences for what to use. I like TuneUp Utilities.

Many programs, you will find, you can't get rid of all traces of the product. Example Winzip. If you install the trial version of the product and you can't afford to buy it, so you uninstall and reboot to reinstall it, you will find you can't use it again, because the trial expired.

I never used CCleaner, so I can't advise.

Hi Peacekeeper,

The Restore option, leaves Norton installed. He wants to remove Norton entirety.

northernva2000
Former Member
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 92 of 108

Re: Scheduled Scan not working

>>>>The restore factory reset option fine by me.>>>>>

PK - My thoughts exactly to give it less steps.

>>>>Hi Peacekeeper,

The Restore option, leaves Norton installed. He wants to remove Norton entirety.>>>>

thecreator - I was just thinking this possibility instead of unstalling McAfee then running Cleaner then installing McAfee.  If I was to put it in factory setting, I will just remove Norton and run Norton Clean Tool and then download McAfee.

So that means I don't have to clean any registry right?  Or do I still have to?

thecreator
Former Member
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 93 of 108

Re: Scheduled Scan not working

northernva2000 wrote:

>>>>The restore factory reset option fine by me.>>>>>

PK - My thoughts exactly to give it less steps.

>>>>Hi Peacekeeper,

The Restore option, leaves Norton installed. He wants to remove Norton entirety.>>>>

thecreator - I was just thinking this possibility instead of unstalling McAfee then running Cleaner then installing McAfee.  If I was to put it in factory setting, I will just remove Norton and run Norton Clean Tool and then download McAfee.

So that means I don't have to clean any registry right?  Or do I still have to?

Hi northernva2000,

You are correct! However, it is a very good program. You might want to see what it does do.

leadspitter
Former Member
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 94 of 108

Re: Scheduled Scan not working

Just thought I'd chime in one last time.

This past Friday, 9/9/11, the scheduled scan was once again set to run because it was once again the 2nd Friday.

Well, the laptop running Vista Home Premium 32 bit and the desktop running XP Professional SP3 both started and ran as it should. But the desktop running Vista Ultimate 64 bit did not. I tried, and tried, and tried, and gave it chance, after chance, after chance and once again, NOTHING! And it's yet to run since. I have not used windows dreamscene since I discovered it doesn't let the CPU usage fall under 25%, along with whatever else may be and or are running and not allowing the CPU usage to idel under the required and set % necessary for the stupid pain in the backside idle/ smart timer McAfee has installed that's I feel is causing the program to not work how and when it should.

My subscription, which as I've said many times before, ends the 29th of this month and at this point I'm not sure what I'm going. I can't see paying for another years service when McAfee Total Protection causes me so much grief and doesn't work when or like it's suppose to. I can't see paying for another years service when McAfee can't even come out and let me or anyone else know there's a problem and that they're working to resolve it. I can't see renewing when McAfee can't even have the decency to give people a break on the cost or give them a free year for the aggrivation and frustration of it not working how and when it should for as long as it has.

Anyhow, just thought I'd chime in.



Message was edited by: leadspitter on 9/12/11 4:30:48 PM CDT

Re: Scheduled Scan not working

So the restore did not work? Ie you were saying you had the scheduled scan did not enable is that corrected now?

Re scheduled scan does not start on time I have a workaround for that that I am testing. It starts immediately time set is reached. Confirmed

Is any1 still getting this not enabled messsage?

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 13/09/11 11:21:59 AM
northernva2000
Former Member
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 96 of 108

Re: Scheduled Scan not working

Peacekeeper and thecreator.

Ok I followed all your instructions.  Followed everything step by step.  Bottom line, my "Scheduled Scan" option will still NOT stay turned "on".  I click on the "ON" button and then even hit "Apply", however, it does NOT stay on.

Thoughts????????

PLEASE let me know if my computer is still protected.  I am guessing everything else works fine like "Real Time Scanning", "Firewall", "Full Scan", etc.?????

I am hoping a virus is NOT doing this....because this netbook is very new and out of the box.

northernva2000

thecreator
Former Member
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 97 of 108

Re: Scheduled Scan not working

northernva2000 wrote:

Peacekeeper and thecreator.

Ok I followed all your instructions.  Followed everything step by step.  Bottom line, my "Scheduled Scan" option will still NOT stay turned "on".  I click on the "ON" button and then even hit "Apply", however, it does NOT stay on.

Thoughts????????

PLEASE let me know if my computer is still protected.  I am guessing everything else works fine like "Real Time Scanning", "Firewall", "Full Scan", etc.?????

I am hoping a virus is NOT doing this....because this netbook is very new and out of the box.

northernva2000

Hi northernva2000,

Hence the problem of combining years on the forum.

Do me a favor. Open About McAfee and use the PrtScrn Key and take a PrtScrn Snapshot showing the Security Center and VirusScan and Personal Firewall information.

I'm confused as you which product of McAfee you are running. My version has no Apply for turning off and turning on Scheduled Scan. It does have Apply in other action, like for changing settings within a component of Total Protection.

Re: Scheduled Scan not working

Dinz wants to talk to you it was suggested by the T3s in our call that he get in and see what is happening as this is not commonly occurring.

northernva2000
Former Member
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 99 of 108

Re: Scheduled Scan not working

thecreator wrote:

northernva2000 wrote:

Peacekeeper and thecreator.

Ok I followed all your instructions.  Followed everything step by step.  Bottom line, my "Scheduled Scan" option will still NOT stay turned "on".  I click on the "ON" button and then even hit "Apply", however, it does NOT stay on.

Thoughts????????

PLEASE let me know if my computer is still protected.  I am guessing everything else works fine like "Real Time Scanning", "Firewall", "Full Scan", etc.?????

I am hoping a virus is NOT doing this....because this netbook is very new and out of the box.

northernva2000

Hi northernva2000,

Hence the problem of combining years on the forum.

Do me a favor. Open About McAfee and use the PrtScrn Key and take a PrtScrn Snapshot showing the Security Center and VirusScan and Personal Firewall information.

I'm confused as you which product of McAfee you are running. My version has no Apply for turning off and turning on Scheduled Scan. It does have Apply in other action, like for changing settings within a component of Total Protection.

thecreator,

I am sorry for the confusion.  The "Apply" button is when I change the times of when I want the scheduled scan to take place.  So I click "Turn On" and then check the box that states "Start scan only when the PC is plugged in" and then I click on "Apply".  Once I exit that, Scheduled Scan goes "Off" again.

Here is the McAfee product info.  I downloaded it from my ISP (Cox Communicaitons).  So I did NOT get this from McAfee's website.  This comes free with my internet service.

2010 Cox Security Suite Powered By McAfee

- McAfee SecurityCenter

Version: 10.5

Build: 10.5.240

Affld: 636

Language: en-us

Last Update: 9/13/2011

- McAfee VirusScan

Version: 14.5

Build: 14.5.130

Last Update: 9/13/2011

DAT Version: 6468.0000

DAT Creation Date: 9/13/2011

Engine Version: 5400.1158

- McAfee Personal Firewall

Version: 11.5

Build: 11/5/141

Last Update: 9/13/2011

- McAfee SiteAdvisor

Version: 3.4

Build: 3.4.0.143

Affld: 636

Language: en-us

Last Update: 9/13/2011

- McAfee Parental Controls

Version: 12.5

Build: 12/5/113

Last Update: 9/13/2011

- McAfee QuickClean and Shredder

Version: 10.5

Build: 10.5.111

Last Update: 9/13/2011

Hope this helps.

northernva2000
Former Member
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 100 of 108

Re: Scheduled Scan not working

Peacekeeper wrote:

Dinz wants to talk to you it was suggested by the T3s in our call that he get in and see what is happening as this is not commonly occurring.

Peacekeeper,

Sorry...not tech savvy.  Who are T3s?  So Dinz can help me resolve this?  I noticed that others are having problems as well from this other thread ----> https://community.mcafee.com/thread/34423?start=0&tstart=0

Bottom line......is my computer SAFE?  Protected?  Everything is "green" checked.  "Real Time Scanning" is ON.  "Firewall" is ON.  "Updates" are current.  "Subscription" is ACTIVE.

The ONLY thing that is calling "Attention" is "Scheduled Scan" because it stays off.  I just ran A/V and it came out clean.  This is brand new HP Mini 110 Netbook.  Just came out the box practically.

Stated above (reply to thecreator) are the details of my Cox Security Suite Powered by McAfee.

Thanks,

northernva2000

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

    New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

  • Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

    Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

  • Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community