Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
northernva2000
Former Member
Message 71 of 108

Re: Scheduled Scan not working

PK,

You are right, this conversation may have been muddied.  I have the scheduled scan not staying "enabled" issue.  When I turn it on and exit out of McAfee, it turns itself back off calling for "attention" to turn it back on.

northernva2000

northernva2000
Former Member
Message 72 of 108

thecreator,

I purchased a new HP Mini 110 Netbook (SP1 32-bit) and from the get go (installing McAfee), I am unable to keep Scheduled Scan Settings to stay "on".  It keeps turning off.  Out-of-box, I have not installed anything monitors the Windows Registry.  I don' thave SpyBot Search and Destroy or Adaware installed.  The only thing the netbook came with was a pre-installed Norton (60-day trial) which I uninstalled so that it doesn't conflict with McAfee as I downloand McAfee.

northernva2000

thecreator
Contributor II
Message 73 of 108

Hi northernva2000,

What is the operating system of your netbook and what version?

northernva2000
Former Member
Message 74 of 108

thecreater,

I have the HP Mini Netbook 110. OS is Windows 7 SP1.

northernva2000

Peacekeeper
Message 75 of 108

What thecreator was implying is what version 32 bit or 64 bit I assume.  When you removed norton did you use the norton removal tool?

northernva2000
Former Member
Message 76 of 108

Sorry.  It is a 32-bit.  I removed Norton via "Add or Remove Programs" from the Control Panel.  When I was downloading McAfee, it told me to remove the Norton software.

thecreator
Contributor II
Message 77 of 108

Hi northernva2000,

What version of 7? Starter Home Premuim, Professional or Ultimate on the Netbook.

You had to use the Norton Clean Tool before you installed McAfee. Use the Clean Tool to before McAfee. Now use the Clean Tool to remove Norton. Reboot and now install McAfee again.

northernva2000
Former Member
Message 78 of 108

thecreator,

I am currently at work and don't have the netbook with me but I am pretty sure it's Windows 7 Starter Edition.  Here is what I got from Best Buy (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Mini+Netbook+/+Intel%26%23174%3B+Atom%26%23153%3B+Processor+/+10.1%...).

Since I removed Norton from "Add or Remove Programs", do I still have Norton Clean Tool?  Where do I find that since removing Norton.   I already have McAfee installed.  Should I uninstall it?

Step by step instructions would be greatly appreciated.

thecreator
Contributor II
Message 79 of 108

northernva2000 wrote:

thecreator,

I am currently at work and don't have the netbook with me but I am pretty sure it's Windows 7 Starter Edition.  Here is what I got from Best Buy (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Mini+Netbook+/+Intel%26%23174%3B+Atom%26%23153% 3B+Processor+/+10.1...).

Since I removed Norton from "Add or Remove Programs", do I still have Norton Clean Tool?  Where do I find that since removing Norton.   I already have McAfee installed.  Should I uninstall it?

Step by step instructions would be greatly appreciated.

Hi northernva2000,

Your link does not work.

http://us.norton.com/support/kb/web_view.jsp?wv_type=public_web&docurl=20080710133834EN&ln=en_US

Find the version of Norton you had and download the Clean Tool.

After clicking on this link: http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS100507&lang=en_US&prior_tid=2&AnswerID=16777217&turl...

Download the McAfee Clean Tool.

Run the McAfee Clean Tool first and reboot.

Run the Norton Clean Tool and reboot.

Use Explorer and manually delete all sub-folders and files in your /Temp Folder in your User ID and \Windows\Temp.

Run Disk Cleanup and afterwards, reboot the computer and now reinstall McAfee.

northernva2000
Former Member
Message 80 of 108

Hmm don't know why the link didn't work. But it's a netbook from Best Buy.  SOrry about that.

So you think it's just Norton (that ones that were not removed from "Add or Remove Programs") that's causing the "Scheduled Scan" to not stay on?

I am sorry.  Not comp literate.  But what is "Explorer" and how do I access it?  So I just delete folders under those categories you mentioned and not them per se right? ---> (\Temp and \User ID and \Windows\Temp)

And I just find those under certain categories?  Need to apologize.  I may be asking dumb questions.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community