cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arkamond
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Sad....

I am sad that Mcafee doesnt work for most things.... I really am. Paying about 80 bucks a year and it doesnt work??? I had a TDSS.C!mem today and Mcafee spotted it but would not remove it. I had to system restore to get rid of some other trogans and then use a Kaspersky kill tool to get rid of it. THe Kaspersky tool was pretty fast too! Removed it and all I had to do was restart my comp and no more issues except for a bluescreen but then nothing else. Why do you have an 80 dollar supposedly "Total protection" product that doesnt even remove a rootkit that has been known for a while now? Your virus definitions doesnt even list it as bad. and has no info on how to remove it. Infact I just got an ISO from Kaspersky that works pretty well as a boot too. Solves memory corruption and everything the Killer does. So why I ask dont you actually get to work mcafee? You have competition and you are losing. Losing money and losing support every day you sit around defending your product from critisizm instead of defending against malware. Im glad it came free from Dell so I could get experience of it. I think Kaspersky wins this time. Even with one of there free products >.>

1 Reply
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 2

Re: Sad....

Firstly no protection software out there can catch everything and any independant security software forum will tell you that.   McAfee could miss something that Kaspersky catches one moment and the next it could be the other way around.

That's why there is a submission process HERE.

That particular Trojan has only just gone on the books (see HERE) and should have been removable, perhaps it needed a reboot to remove it or to scan in safe mode.

There are some guidelines HERE.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community