cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
newjack
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

Repost can anyone help please?

Hi,I am reposting this question as i have not recieved an answer.I have a few problems.

1.when trying to log into community forums from IE8 it says my password is invalid.I down loaded firefox and the same password now works?

2.Also the tracer under recent events is not working on my securrity center,It just keeps pinging never comes to a destination as it used to.

3.& noticed i could not ban some i.ps that option is not there.

5 Replies
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 6

Re: Repost can anyone help please?

Hi,

Security center basically needs to work along together with the Internet explorer.
Since logging into the forums works with Firefox it seems to be a browser related issue.

Please try the following :

1.Try resetting Internet explorer, ( Open IE, click tools – internet options – click advanced – then click Reset)

2.Open security center , click internet & network , click configure  - click advanced for firewall protection
    In the left pane ; you will have an option "banned IP" .

Regards,
Dinesh K

on 12/16/09 12:54:10 PM GMT-06:00
ajacobs
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 3 of 6

I am curious about item 1. I know that we have other users here using IE8 without issue. I would suggest clearing cache, cookies, temp files, etc. and trying again. Please let me know if this helps and I will research browser compatabilty on my end.

newjack
Former Member
Message 4 of 6

Thanks 4 the reply.I tried restting it still does`nt work.I was concerned becuase it had been working for a few weeks as this is a new computer and i am new to the forums.Also my tracer was working from the view recent events.

It would show a yellow line,or lines from where the ip originated.I thought it was odd that all of a sudden i could`nt log on to forums with internet ex8 but after downloading firefox it accepted my password?Any other ideas.I am a little paraniod as i had mcafee on an older windows xp which ended up crashing after my home page was hijacked and other various things i`m sure.

SeanMc98
Contributor III
Message 5 of 6

Although I use Firefox almost exclusively, I just signed on to this forum under IE7 without problem.  While I cannot speak for IE8 (which I might look at some day ........ ), you might try the following (which works under IE7).  On your desktop, right-click on the IE8 icon (N.B.: if you have created a shortcut to IE8, this will not work!).  After the right-click, click on "Start without addons" (or something similar if IE8 changed the text).  IE8 will open with some annoying reminder popups, then try to signon to the forums.

If you can sign on, then one or more IE addons (such as toolbars, etc) might be messing things for you. Then, restart IE8 normally, go to "Tools -- Manage Add-ons", and start disabling anything that is non-Microsoft, such as anything Google, Yahoo, Spybot, AOL and (yes, sorry guys) McAfee.  Restart IE and attempt signing on to the forums.  Once you can signon, go back and re-enable each addon (1 by 1), to find the culprit.

Or (), you can just continue with Firefox ().  It is, IMHO, a superior, more secure browser, and the extensions offer things not found elsewhere.

Stepping off the speakers box ....................

newjack
Former Member
Message 6 of 6

Thanks SeanMC98 i have been useing the firefox right now.I just don`t trust the IE8 right now.Funny thing is this is a fairly new computer and i used it for a couple of weeks.it said my password was invalid so i tried again.I finally tried to get password through e mail.And low and behold the validation code was no good.I noticed that the code when i originally signed in was about 15 charecters this 1 was about 7.Anyway i hope i don`t have a virus some weird things going on and nothen on my security center.Maybe just paraniod.But,better safe then sorry

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community