Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
saiwong
Contributor II
Message 1 of 2

Renewal question

Hello,

Just wish to post to get clarity on renewal steps if you are renewing via0
shop purchase of 1 year subscription card (with product key inside) rather than via McAfee website.

Am I right I need to do the following steps

1. wait for subscription to expire

2. uninstall current product using (MCPR) Tool (McAfee Consumer Product Removal)

3. goto url ->  mcafee.com/activate entering product key & email address
    I assume choosing to create new product key slot rather than extend previous expired slot

4. download software and install

My question is, during software install does it somehow prompt user to associate with user account with product key in it (e.g. entering email address & then finding subscription product key that way)

Also, am I correct that if this lookup via email address takes place ,it will ignore expired licences & only look for active ones ?

1 Reply
Rajiv_s1
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 2

Re: Renewal question

Hello @saiwong ,

Based on your query here you would like to confirm the steps on how to activate the product key, and yes the steps you have mentioned below is appropriate. Once you activate the key, download and install the software the valid product should be installed is doesn't request the user to associate with user account.

If in case you have any more concerns, we recommend you to check the below support article for activating the key.

How to activate a McAfee product subscription with a product card

Also instead of reinstalling the whole McAfee by running MCPR after activating you could update the subscription directly with the windows install helper tool which is explained in this below article.

You see an alert that your subscription has expired

Regards,
Rajiv S

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community