cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Damog
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Removing McAfee popups, there must be some way to stop the messages... How???

I've recently bought a laptop.

It came with McAfee free.

I bought the laptop to help with my study. Every time I turn on my computer I get an advert or three from McAfee telling me the world is gonna frickin end and satan will eat my eyes out with a rusty fork if i don't buy their product.

I want to study. I don't want to waste my time signing up to a frickin developers website just so that i can get rid of their product.

I have deleted McAfee - ANY folder I can find with that name on it. Deleted. I want NOTHING to do with this product. I don't want you prying your self into my workflow, into my study time. I have turned off your notifications setting, yet you still give me notifications.

I have deleted everything I can find to get rid of you but you still pipe you adverts in my face - i cannot tell you how frickin annoying this is without the full arsenal of expletives that have been stockpiling in my simmering rage at you and your company.

Please. Pretty please.

Tell me how I can get rid of you forever.

Many thanks.

1 Reply
AvinashP
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 2

Re: Removing McAfee popups, there must be some way to stop the messages... How???

Hi @Damog,

We are truly sorry about the situation, we understand that you have removed the program from your computer. We would request you to access the below article to make sure all of the traces are removed properly.
How to remove McAfee products from a PC that runs Windows 
If you continue to experience issues, please help us with a screenshot of the pop up to assist you better.

Thanks,
Avinash.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community