cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BigFan15
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Dear whomever it may concern,

I would like to ask for a refund due to an unexpected renewal. I was not fully aware of the auto-renewal settings and I have been charged for it without my knowledge.

I attempted to call contact support through a contact number along with a service number in a confirmation email they sent. I was unable to contact the number due to it being in a different region as I reside in Ireland.

I was charged on the 2nd of October 2020. My order number is #[removed by admin] and my service number is [removed by admin]. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 3 of 4

Re: Refund

Jump to solution

Hello @BigFan15 ,

As discussed we have processed the refund for you and you will get the get it within 7 to 10 business days. Please keep us posted once you receive the refund.

Thanks

Srinivasa Ragavan

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

Hello @BigFan15,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We have sent you a private email requesting for more information. Please reply to that email with the requested information, So that we can contact you and assist you better.

Regards

Srinivasa Ragavan

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

Hello @BigFan15 ,

As discussed we have processed the refund for you and you will get the get it within 7 to 10 business days. Please keep us posted once you receive the refund.

Thanks

Srinivasa Ragavan

Daytr
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Re: Refunds. McAfee Customer Service Request Number: 484570-2645245667

Jump to solution
Hello Dinesh, Further to the Customer Refund Req I've followed the link from to get to this point. 
As you'll see from the CSR No above and the email text below, I too was due, and assured, a refund of £26.99 but the refund never materialised despite several follow-up calls to McAfee. The sender of the email was Dinesh, whether it was yourself or a colleague with the same name I don't know, but if my refund could be paid it would be very much appreciated. 

Regards, Tony. 

ConsumerRefunds <**personal information omitted**>
05/08/2019 12:29

Dear Tony Day,

Thank you for contacting McAfee Customer Service.

We understand that you requested a refund for McAfee Total Protection - 1 Device  of 26.99 GBP.

We would like to inform you that we received your request and it is in the final stages of processing. This refund will be credited to your bank account in 3 weeks.

Our accounting team has noted that there might be a slight discrepancy on refund amount based on your bank and their policies, as we cannot account for any banking fees you may incur because of this transaction.

If you require further assistance, please reply to this e-mail including the previous correspondence. The reference number for this incident is 484570-2645245667.

We hope this e-mail has answered all your queries, kindly excuse if this reply was not received within your expected time.

You may receive a survey from McAfee in the next couple of days. This survey will give you an opportunity to express the experience that you had in this e-mail communication and our overall support experience. I encourage you to take a moment to provide your feedback regarding the resolution and information we have offered in our e-mail communications. This information will be used to further improve our support.

Thank you for contacting McAfee Customer Service. Have a nice day.

Sincerely,

Dinesh Kumar K

McAfee Customer Service-Tier 1

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community