Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jh1886
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Refund requests ignored for months

Hello,

I had two products unexpectedly auto-renew in March. I promptly requested a refund (on several occasions) and 5 months later I have still received nothing. McAfee contacted me by email on 6 May to ask which of my subscriptions I wanted a refund on and I immediately responded to say both of them (renewed days apart). Since then I have received no refund and no communication from McAfee despite several requests, messages and then complaints. It appears that this is orchestrated conduct on McAfee’s part to withhold customers’ money. It is completely unacceptable and, once it is finally resolved (which I will continue to pursue by all means necessary), I will certainly never be a McAfee customer again.

8 Replies
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 2 of 9

Re: Refund requests ignored for months

Hello @Jh1886 ,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused,

This is due to the Auto-renewal done on the account , to get refund please Contact Support  for further assistance.

Regards

Srinivasa Ragavan

Jh1886
Contributor
Message 3 of 9

The refusal to refund the money is not due to an auto-renewal. It’s due to terrible customer service. I see browsing the site that this is not an isolated incident.

I appreciate your comment but contacting support won’t help. I have just checked and I have contacted them 26 times and nothing has been done. 

vancedpro
Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Great post thanks for sharing

vancedpro
Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Really love your way of explanation thanks for sharing

Jh1886
Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Just in case it is any use to you and in case you are thinking of using McAfee or buying one of their products (DON'T!), 8 months have now passed and I have still not received my refund and McAfee. It looks like legal action is the only recourse remaining.

Peacekeeper
Message 7 of 9

Ping a mod here and get them to help you they helped others, ok I will this a long delay and should not happen

@Madhan 

@Former Member 

can 1 you sort this issue out 8 mths not good

Jh1886
Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Thanks, Peacekeeper. Srinivas_RA contacted me to arrange a call a couple of weeks ago but I've still received no calls. I'm having a legal letter drafted regarding this.

Peacekeeper
Message 9 of 9

@Former Member 

Mate please get back to this user

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community