cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hendersonleroy
Former Member
Message 1 of 1

Recover Windows XP Blue Screen with Encrypted HD

Window XP OS Blue Screens after the McAfree username and password signon process. The Window Logon Screen is displayed but BlueScreens about 2 minutes later.

I removed the HD and tried to use it as an external disk so that I could recover my files. The Windows OS of another laptop see the disk but prompts with a request to format the drive.

If I purchase another HD and install Windows XP and McAfree on the new HD, will I be able to recover my files from the external HD (with the bad Windows XP load), if I use the same username and password information.

I need to restore my files from the HD with the corrupt Windows XP OS.  After reading articles it appears that McAfee encryption is hardware based.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community