cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
clb51
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

Recent Download of McAfee and ActiveShield error message

Hello, my computer was infected with a virus last week.  I was advised to do a complete recovery.  I did.  However, re-installing McAfee was a problem.  I did it several times and could not get it to protect my computer.  Contacted Tech Virtual Support Sunday.  Was informed that there was a glitch in McAfee system and to try again in 4 to 8 hours.  The next day I was able to get it to upload and show that it was protecting my computer.  However, upon opening the computer I receive the following error message:  Some components of ActiveShield are either missing or might not have been properly.  Please reinstall ActiveShield.  I reinstalled McAfee 7 times and still get the message.

I did a virtual chat with tech support again yesterday.  The tech checked my computer, re-ran a complete scan, and advised me to restart the computer after the scan.  He wrote that ActiveShield should function after I re-booted.  It is not.  I still receive the error message everytime I log onto my computer.  Any suggestions for me would be appreciated.  Thank you.

5 Replies
user_135799
Former Member
Message 2 of 6

Re: Recent Download of McAfee and ActiveShield error message

Hi,

Check the date and time, if it is not correct, correct it and restart the computer

What is the type of Operating system ? ( Windows XP / Windows VISTA / Windows 7 )

What is the type of internet connection ? ( DSL / Dial-up / Cable / Wireless / Satellite )

clb51
Former Member
Message 3 of 6

Hello, the date and time are correct.  I am using Windows XP and have Cable connection.  Thank you.

Dinz
Former Member
Message 4 of 6

hi clb51,

Please follow the steps suggested here in this document and let us know if you still come across any issues.

Kindly provide some additional information like ;

What is the computer's operating system ?

How old is the computer ?

Thanks,

Dinesh K

clb51
Former Member
Message 5 of 6

Hello Dinesh,

The DOCUMENT link did not upload.  I rec'd an message that said ERROR ON PAGE.

My computer is a Dell.  Bought it in Dec 2004.  Operating system is....Microsoft Windows XP Version 5.1, Service Pack 3.

Thank you for your assistance.

Dinz
Former Member
Message 6 of 6

Hi clb51,
Check for any other security software installed in the computer in control panel and in C:/program files and common files; if found remove them
Uninstall the mcafee programs using the removal tool from
here and restart the computer

Check for any available windows update and install them.
Reinstall your programs directly from your account page in
http://us.mcafee.com/root/login.asp

Kindly report back if your issue is not resolved

Regards,
Dinesh K

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community