cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peacekeeper
Message 11 of 13

Re: Real time scanning causing Office 2013 files not open

"The latest updates (SecurityCentre 19.7.126 (updated Sept 6) and VirusScan 25.0.134 (updated Sept 7)) seemed to have resolved the problem for me."

At least this what an user posted

Re your issues and comments will flag a mod or two to comment

@Sudharsanam_G1 

@sivasubramanian 

@Magesh 

You may need to comment on this users observations

agmkhl
Contributor
Message 12 of 13

If you look at my post from Wed 09/09/2021, the far more important point is NOT what some people reported as a work-around (since the workaround may be masquerading irreparable damage done by McAfee) but that there is a huge disconnect between McAfee support stating twice and as late as 09/09/2021) that the ISSUE has NOT been fixed yet and people reporting "it seems to have been cleared up".

I prefer the corporate response, not people randomly stating the problem seems to have been gone away. In a business critical computer one must depend on McAfee for a detailed and straightforward explanation not ad hoc comments by end users.  Especially since I had a computer which did not restart and a now corrupt Excel spreadsheet.  Workarounds are a dime a dozen.  McAfee support said the issue has not been fixed and told me not to restart my compute again as late as 09/09/2021.  Focus on that please, not on ad hoc anecdotal workarounds, all of which I was aware of.

FWM
Contributor
Message 13 of 13

This issue is REAL.

I started having the same problem with MS Office 2010 (excel and word), out of the blue in about August 2021. After a bit of reading about error messages that appeared and some experimenting, I found that after simply turning off McAfee Real-Time Scanning, the files opened immediately as per normal. Turning Real time scanning back on recreated the issue. Extremely repeatable. So the issue at least in my case is absolutely caused by McAfee.

I have started looking for a better anti virus app, and if this is not repaired very very soon by McAfee I will switch to another supplier.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community