cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gzilla
Former Member
Message 1 of 9

Real-time scan will not stay turned on

I have windows xp and McAfee version 10.5 last update 1-4-11 and DAT 6214 1-2-11.  I've gotten lots of blue screens today plus

shut downs.  I keep turning the real time scan on and the try to run full scan and I get a message there is a problem.  Then I tried

Virtural tech twice today and it finds 2 problems.  Real time scan off and DAT out of date.  I run the fix and shut down.  I should not have

another security program running.  How do I check that and can you help me with the real time scan and DAT problem?

Thanks,

8 Replies
Aldrin
Former Member
Message 2 of 9

Re: Real-time scan will not stay turned on

This would even occur if your computer is infected with some kind of hidden malware infections, I would recommend you to Click on Useful Links on top of this page and contact our Technical Support team for further assistance.

gzilla
Former Member
Message 3 of 9

Hey Aldrin, thanks for answering so quick.  I did go to support and they uninstalled and I re-installed and

I'm back to real-scan turned off again.  I will go back to support.

But thank you for your advise.

R

Dinz
Former Member
Message 4 of 9

gzilla,

Please click on Navigation - Click on About  and let us know the version details of your Virus scan and DAT .

Also,check if you have any other security software or its remnants installed in control panel and in C:\program files & common files.

Check for windows updates and install and important updates if available.

Also, could you please let us know the following information;

1.       If the issue happened after you installed McAfee or  after an upgrade from your older version

2.       If the issue happened after a system restore – Did you run MVT to check if it reports any errors.

Please run it from http://mvt.mcafee.com and post us your session id .

Regards,

Dinesh K

McAfee Online Community Moderator

gzilla
Former Member
Message 5 of 9

Dinz

I had a case ID 484570-618153603 Surya Laf helped clear up the real time scan.

Thanks for your info,

G

Aldrin
Former Member
Message 6 of 9

Great, good to know you got them fixed....

mcracer6
Contributor
Message 7 of 9

I have the same problem, I cannot get the Real Time Scan to stay on. I also cannot get the Firewall setting to change. I ran a scan with Malware software and it removed Magoo.exe. I ran the MVT and it did not find any products. My session Id was #30631076.

Dinz
Former Member
Message 8 of 9

Hello mcracer6,

Please provide us with the below information so that we could help you proceed with this issue;

What is the operating system installed ?
Do you have an other security software installed in the mcahine ?
Did you recent perform any recent changes to your computer like  system restore ?

Are you subscribed for McAfee programs through your ISP or did they come preinstalled along with your PC / purchased online

mcracer6
Contributor
Message 9 of 9

I am running Windows &, it was factory installed as part of the Dell laptop. I do not have a disk to attempt a reinstall. I have not installed any other virus software other than malware that found a couple of trojan programs.

Thanks,

<MCRACER6

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community