Reliable Contributor
Message 13 of 22

Re: This site can’t provide a secure connection

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 14 of 22

This is my umpteenth attempt to reply to this post : it seems Lithium doesn't like a URL to be included in the reply using the built-in link function. So you may need to cut-and-paste to get to the destination.

Right. Once again. This is not a Firefox message, it's a Chrome message. I've seen it myself many times. There is a list of possible causes, and their fixes, in this link. Try them and let us know if they don't work.

https://comodosslstore.com/blog/easily-fix-err-ssl-protocol-error-on-chrome.html

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 15 of 22

This is my umpteenth attempt to reply to this post : it seems Lithium doesn't like a URL to be included in the reply using the built-in link function. So you may need to cut-and-paste to get to the destination.

Right. Once again. This is not a Firefox message, it's a Chrome message. I've seen it myself many times. There is a list of possible causes, and their fixes, in this link. Try them and let us know if they don't work.

https://comodosslstore.com/blog/easily-fix-err-ssl-protocol-error-on-chrome.html

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 16 of 22

I have the solution but Lithium - this Board - is not showing any post containing a link to the external site where I found it. I'll try a different site that has the same suggested solution, let's see if that works. And if suddenly you see a swarm of near-identical posts with me getting increasingly annoyed, then a log-jam somewhere will have been cleared.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 17 of 22

---

--The OP is talking about an external site.....this should be in WebAdvisor perhaps?

---
Peter
Toronto, Canada
---

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 18 of 22

No. Nothing to do with WebAdvisor. It's a basic networking problem. Still waiting for feedback from TA.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 19 of 22

Why?  He is complaining about accessing a 3rd party web site?   Why on Earth involve TA?   I give up at this point.

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 20 of 22

Because Lithium's Reply accepts a post containing a URL but fails to display the post. TA is investigating Lithium's behaviour.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community