cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user_153650
Former Member
Message 1 of 1

Re: 5958 DAT problems

My husband had problems re: this (i.e, the pc wouldn' start properly, and wouldn't shutdown).

I was able to shut the pc down.  Upon re-booting, the McAfee Anti-Virus Plus window opened as McAfee Virus Scan Plus was being updated. (Normally only the "flash screen" shows, so after the update finished, I shut the pc down again, waited 15 mins or so, then re-started.)

I now show that I'm running the 5960 DAT file (4/22/10), but the W/32/Wecorl.a still shows in my Quarantined Items list.  Should I leave it there, delete it, restore it, or what?  I'm not currently experiencing any problems, or at least none that I'm aware of, anyway.

I'm running WinXP SP3, with McAfee Anti-Virus Plus (all updates are current).

Please advise, and thank you in advance for your reply.

'LizBeth

P.S.  Is it safe to run a scan if I'm no longer using 5958?

Message was edited by: 'LizBeth on 4/27/10 9:13:55 PM EDT
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community