cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mslpplm
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

Quarantined items failed to send, also failed with Real-Time Scanning: off

Quarantined items failed to send, also failed to send with Real-Time Scanning turned off.  (error occurred send failed)

I could delete the item but why?, when there is a send to McAfee.

How can McAfee help?

1 Reply
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 2

Re: Quarantined items failed to send, also failed with Real-Time Scanning: off

The protocol used by SecurityCenter to submit items is increasingly being blocked by ISP's so it often wont work.,  It doesn't work here either.

That said, there is no need to send them as the labs are already aware of this particular example of malware otherwise it wouldn't be detected.  However if you feel it's erroneous then follow the procedure here:

https://community.mcafee.com/thread/2016

Blacole is a particularly nasty infection so I would check further.  Look in the last link in my signature below for suggestions and run Stinger and Malwarebytes Free which are linked therein, (to keep it free don't accept the trial offer).

Make sure your system is totally up to date in all aspects, that includes Internet Explorer if you use another browser, also make sure that browser add-ons, in particular Java are up to date.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community