Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
truffle
Contributor III
Message 1 of 4

Problem after 16.0.2 update

Jump to solution

I just got the 16.0.2 today (8/17/2017).  Now when I "hit" the "check the update" button, it does a large download and appears to be updating (at least trying), but nothing changes.   All the modules now say say 8/17/2017 update date except Virus Scan, which still says 7/25/2017.  Also engine creation date on Virus Scan is still at 8/16/2017.  This always updates once per day.  I ran the virtual technician - No problem found.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
truffle
Contributor III
Message 4 of 4

Re: Problem after 16.0.2 update

Jump to solution

The problem is now gone.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
quiltgirl
Contributor III
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

I noticed a similar problem today.   I have been on 16.0.2 for a few days now.  Normally the vscan engine updates daily, but it did not today.  So I did a manual update.  It updated but skipped a number.  On 8/16 it was engine version 3075.   But after the manual update, it was version 3077.   It usually only increments by 1 every day.  I did this on two PCs, running Windows 7.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

Generally the engine creation date/engine version changes on a daily basis. There are occasions that it may flucuate (Like today). As I also manually updated to 3077. In addition if you notice my last (update) was 7/14/2017. The engine version is now as mentioned 3077.

Capture.PNG

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
truffle
Contributor III
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

The problem is now gone.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community