Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steve7
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Pop-Up Notifications

For the last couple of weeks, I've been getting McAfee pop-up notifications on the bottom right of my screen, constantly -  nothing important. I want to turn it off, but I don't see anything in the settings that would.  So how do I turn them off?

Thanks.

10 Replies
GaneshR
Message 2 of 11

Re: Pop-Up Notifications

Hi @steve7 

Greetings From McAfee!!!

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. These pop up can be blocked by turning off alerts under general setting and alert in settings tab. Please check and update.

Alternatively, you can reach our consumer support by selecting below link.

McAfee Consumer Support

Regards

Ganesh Raju R

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

steve7
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 11

No, not those.  I don't have a problem with those.  I keep getting other pop  ups, one was about shredding.  

These started a week or two ago.  I didn't change any of my settings.  So this happened all by itself. 

Nottodaysatan
Contributor II
Message 4 of 11

This does not work. Deselecting those boxes for Information Alerts under general settings does not stop the popups from appearing in my Win 11 Notification area. I can't find any way to do this on the Forum or on the web. Even ChatGPT said the only way to stop these things is to uninstall McAfee.
Peacekeeper
Message 5 of 11

Maybe post a pic of the popup. Could be the program posting  info re its features thinking you want them. A pic will help the mod to know what it is.

steve7
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 11

This just popped up. 

alexanthony
Contributor
Message 7 of 11

I don't see a resolution for this. were you able to resolve? I'm so annoyed with these notifications, I'm ready to switch to a competitor. Paying customers deserve better than being spammed by McAfee's marketing strategy. Give us a break....

steve7
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 11

No, I haven't.  And they pop up every day.   They're unnecessary and there should be a way to stop them.

uninstallornot
Contributor III
Message 9 of 11

@GaneshRyour solution is no longer valid.  The Alerts can't be turned off.  Attached.inactive-button.png

uninstallornot
Contributor III
Message 10 of 11

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community