cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Padlock
Contributor
Message 1 of 13

Pop-Up HELL...Please put me out of my misery!

Almost on an hourly basis I am getting a pop-up telling me to restart my PC to upgrade my software.

It's driving me nuts.

Please see attached image and offer me some hope.

Thanks

Dave

12 Replies
Aldrin
Former Member
Message 2 of 13

Re: Pop-Up HELL...Please put me out of my misery!

Here is the workaround that you can try, Open McAfee Security Center> Click on Real-Time Scanning> Settings> Scan Settings>

Uncheck Active Protection delivers real-time defense against the latest viruses, spyware and threats directly to your PC.

Click on Restart Now> Reboot the computer> Enable back the Active Protection feature and also check and update us whether you have that alart again !!!

Padlock
Contributor
Message 3 of 13

Thanks Aldrin but no joy.

Aldrin
Former Member
Message 4 of 13

Oho... but you know what, our engineers have found some issues over there and still working on it to fix that asap. I would kindly request you to bare with us until thats been done.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused

swb1967
Former Member
Message 5 of 13

is there any progress in addressing this issue? i can reboot multiple times a day, and these messages are still showing up. i find them annoying, but they're freaking my wife out. a solution ASAP would be appreciated.

Padlock
Contributor
Message 6 of 13

None of the above suggestions have worked...or even slowed down the rate of pop-ups occuring.

How long can this go on withouit a fix being found?

McAfee..please sort it out or I'll take my $200 a year business elsewhere.

Small to you big guys but if enough of the likes of me do this you'll be in trouble.

swb1967
Former Member
Message 7 of 13

Checking in again. Is there any progress here, or expected in the foreseeable future? Some indication of whether this is going to be fixed would be most welcome.

Padlock
Contributor
Message 8 of 13

No.

No solution suggested here has worked.

This is getting absolutely ridiculous McAfee!!!

Please get this sorted NOW!!

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 13

The management team is aware of the issue and we are constantly reminding them but as these sort of things come from the marketing side who don't even deal with customers directly, it's proving difficult to impress the importance of the issue on them.  We are persevering on your behalf.

Padlock
Contributor
Message 10 of 13

Peter

Thanks for your reply.  The 'staff' on this forum are as helpful as any forum I've ever been on but the so-called top brass need to look after the 'liitle people' that are their customers.

Please explain that I am one customer looking at alternatives and that customer support is now taking a very high postion on my list of requirements.

If enough of customers begin to leave the brass won't have much to worry about in terms of marketing in the near future...

Thanks again

Dave

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community