Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nero
Former Member
Message 1 of 7

Pls help

Jump to solution

I bought the Internet security 2012 and tried to install on a new laptop, which had pre-installed the Norton security tool. I uninstalled the Norton program and download the Mc Afee one, but the installation stops with the following message: " Error : An unexpected error has occured. The login process has experienced an unexpected server access error. Please try again." Thereafter the installation is cancelled.

I used the Mc Afee virtual tehnician and cleaned everything, I used also the MC preinstall and everything seems to be OK. Using the MCPR for uninstallation the old MC Afee files, I receive the message: "Incomplete unistallation. some or more files may not have been removed succesfully. see logs for more details." Checking the logs it seems that MSC product was not succesfully removed.

I also cleaned the registries, defragment  using Winferno. The installation process brings the same error.

Can somebody help me? Thank you in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
karthiks
Former Member
Message 4 of 7

Re: Pls help

Jump to solution

Hi,

Try the below steps and check you are able to install the McAfee

Run preinstall tool using the below link

http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/McPreInstall.exe

Click on the below click here option and login to the McAfee Account

Click Here 

Try Installing the McAfee and check with the issue

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Jump to solution

The servers may be busy, that might account for the message you got. Which servers it's trying to connect to depends where you are. Leave it a while and try again.

I wouldn't use Winferno to touch the registry. That's just an observation : registry cleaners often take out more than they should.

If any stubborn files remain after uninstallation and MCPR can't or won't remove them there's a product called Revo Uninstall which some people say is good for this sort of thing, but I can't recommend it as I've never used it.

Message was edited by: Hayton on 28/08/12 22:01:17 IST
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 7

Jump to solution

I strongly advise you never to use registry cleaners - they are pretty-well guaranteed to wreck a system.

McAfee has the MCPR cleanup tool which is all you need and run it twice if necessary.  (See Useful Links at the top of this page and always download a fresh copy as it is updated frequently)

Also you should get rid of Norton remnants using their removal tool:  https://www-secure.symantec.com/norton-support/jsp/help-solutions.jsp?version=1&product=home&lg=engl...

karthiks
Former Member
Message 4 of 7

Jump to solution

Hi,

Try the below steps and check you are able to install the McAfee

Run preinstall tool using the below link

http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/McPreInstall.exe

Click on the below click here option and login to the McAfee Account

Click Here 

Try Installing the McAfee and check with the issue

nero
Former Member
Message 5 of 7

Jump to solution

Thank you very much! I tried your advice and finally it worked out!

Have a nice day!

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 7

Jump to solution

Glad you are OK now.

karthiks
Former Member
Message 7 of 7

Jump to solution

Great! Have a great day ahead

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community