cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
griffosan
Contributor III
Message 1 of 9

Please Turn Off Pop Up Advertising

Starting a new thread as the previous issue I posted has not been resolved.

Please turn off the intrusive advertising in the AntiVirus product.

This is full price, paid software. Getting blasted by nag screens that must be dismissed from my desktop is most unwelcome.

|griffosanMcafeePopUpAD6.JPG

8 Replies
Magesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 9

Re: Please Turn Off Pop Up Advertising

Hi @griffosan 

We understand your concern. There are several aspects in which annoying adds or popups might shows up on your device. Please confirm from where you are getting these alerts. 

Kindly ensure there is no unwanted web extensions installed on your browsers. Also please try the following steps 

On Edge > go to settings > Cookies and site permissions > Notifications> Disable or block it.

Popups and redirects> Disbale it 

Ads> Block it 

On chrome browser> Go to settings > Site settings >Privacy and security>notifications> Disable it.

On the McAfee UI > Click gear icon on top right > general settings> Disable informational alerts. 

Regards

Magesh J

griffosan
Contributor III
Message 3 of 9

Thanks for the reply.

The pop up ads are coming from the McAfee Anti Virus Plus product I have installed on 2 computers. Note the McAfee logo in the screen cap I posted.

The ads appear about 5 minutes after booting up with no other programs open. The ads must be actively dismissed to remove them from the desktop, very annoying.

I have turned off all McAfee informational alerts under general settings, the ads still appear. They seem to come in waves. Some days, nothing, then several days of ads at every boot up.

griffosan
Contributor III
Message 4 of 9

Pop up ads are back today, see the screenshot attached below.

The ads are coming from the McAfee Anti Virus Plus product, this one popped up about 3 minutes after boot up with no other programs open.

I have all informational alerts turned off under general settings.

Please provide a means to turn off these unwanted advertisements in your full price software.

This is like the incessant nag screens in old school free shareware.... I expected better from McAfee.

|griffosan

McafeePopUpAD7.JPG

griffosan
Contributor III
Message 5 of 9

Another unwanted advertising pop up.

Please turn these off.

Most annoying, I expect better from full price software.

|griffosan

McafeePopUpAD8.JPG

griffosan
Contributor III
Message 6 of 9

Another day, another pop up that disrupts workflow and has to be dismissed.

Please provide a means to turn off these disruptive advertisements.

Maybe the solution is given here: @Solved: McAfee Support Community - Re: How to Stop McAfee Notifications/Popups on Win... - Page 2 - ...

|griffosan

McafeePopUpAD9.JPG

Choo
Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Anyone knows how to stop this? I already spend an hour looking for a solution but no luck.. My subscription will end soon and I am 99% sure I will move on to another product because this is non-sense..
NikonJeb
Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Same here.... Worse yet is that **bleep**ing "Safe Search" that ends up getting turned on through third party sites thru hidden "Uncheck Box to stay unprotected" scams.

Personally, I hate the way McAfee has gone full mercenary, offensive SPAM dispensers to where it intrudes on normal day to day activity.

This apprently has been going on for some time and they are too iognorant to hear their customers and stop the abuse.

I hate this **bleep**!!!!

Just stop already.....

timfingers
Contributor
Message 9 of 9

I've already turned off automatic renew. I pay around $150 per year for McAfee software. They inundate me with advertising for add ons that should be included in the software at that price. I'll be playing a game and their ads will pop up and ruin the game. FO McAfee I've been buying your product for 20 years and this is the way you treat your long time customers. Shame on your greedy worthless selves.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community