Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
297mcwater
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Old interface of McAfee Antivirus Plus?

Jump to solution

Hi everybody,

I installed McAfee Antivirus Plus recently and it installed the old interface, with the green bar and Windows 8 style look.

The installer looked new however: (this is when I tried reinstalling)

I think it should be the new one because it lists "McAfee Cloud AV" in the Task Manager. Screenshot of About screen:

I think the new interface should have a blue bar on the top, as I got a Dell with McAfee LiveSafe and it had that interface.

Is there a reason why it is not updating to the new interface?

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 5

Re: Old interface of McAfee Antivirus Plus?

Jump to solution

---

--This is quite possible as some 3rd party suppliers still have the old interface.  The software is still protecting.   However I am sure that will eventually change to the new GUI.   I would also check there's not a separate entry for Cloud AV in the Control Panel > Programs and Features.   If there is, uninstall it.

---
Peter
Toronto, Canada
---

View solution in original post

4 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

---

--This is quite possible as some 3rd party suppliers still have the old interface.  The software is still protecting.   However I am sure that will eventually change to the new GUI.   I would also check there's not a separate entry for Cloud AV in the Control Panel > Programs and Features.   If there is, uninstall it.

---
Peter
Toronto, Canada
---

dcote
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution
I don't really see the solution here. I contacted Mcafee they had me make sure windows was up to date and reinstall. Old interface . In fact see Mcafee Document ID: TS101107 which states this is the old version. (gui). I have 3 friends who have Dell computers whose Mcafee just "magically" went to the older version within the last week. The old interface is pre-2016. We should have the new interface.. Reinstalling did not solve the interface issue.
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

It will eventually update to the new one again.

smartcat
Contributor II
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

About 2 weeks ago Mc updated an interface to a new style, some of the options were missing, I even called to support, which had no Idea where those options are... TODAY I checked the scans and see OLD interface on all of my 3 PCs . This is reticules.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community