Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KidneyinaCooler
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

Not enough memory for McAfee

Jump to solution

One of my friends has a Dell Dimension 4300.

I bought another license for her computer because it didn't have any virus software ($15!). NOW IT WON'T install.

It says there isn't enough memory, needs 128 MB. The computer has a 128 MB memory card, but do I have to upgrade her memory to get McAfee to work on her computer now?

It is either that or I have to get my money back for a useless license.

Message was edited by: KidneyinaCooler on 6/24/10 4:08:50 PM GMT-05:00
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
user_107544
Contributor III
Message 4 of 6

Re: Not enough memory for McAfee

Jump to solution

Hi KidneyinaCooler,

Well I am sorry to say that you will not be able to download & install McAfee software on your Computer as your Computer has just got 128 MB of RAM, where as to install McAfee or any other Antivirus software these days a Computer must at least have 256 (Minimum) MB of RAM. So if you would like to install McAfee software on your computer you must first need to upgrade RAM to 512 MB & then you should be able to install the software, in order to upgrade RAM on your computer you can contact a local computer technician or your computer manufacturer for further assistance.

Feel free to communicate through this forums if any queries

Regards,

Rakesh P

McAfee Technical Support

View solution in original post

5 Replies
user_107544
Contributor III
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

KidneyinaCooler,

Please check the RAM ( Computer memory) on your computer by Right clicking on "My Computer" left click on "Properties". Check how it is & let me know....!

Regards,

Rakesh P

McAfee Technical Support

KidneyinaCooler
Former Member
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

Sorry for taking so long to reply,

It says there are 128 MB of RAM.

user_107544
Contributor III
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi KidneyinaCooler,

Well I am sorry to say that you will not be able to download & install McAfee software on your Computer as your Computer has just got 128 MB of RAM, where as to install McAfee or any other Antivirus software these days a Computer must at least have 256 (Minimum) MB of RAM. So if you would like to install McAfee software on your computer you must first need to upgrade RAM to 512 MB & then you should be able to install the software, in order to upgrade RAM on your computer you can contact a local computer technician or your computer manufacturer for further assistance.

Feel free to communicate through this forums if any queries

Regards,

Rakesh P

McAfee Technical Support

chrisdwhite30
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

Can I be refunded my purchase as I won't have access to your services? 

chrisdwhite30
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

Apparently my computer does not have enough memory for your product. Is there any way I can get a refund on my purchase as I am unable to use the product?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community