cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
soljkom
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

Nice job mcafee...

You should really start makeing better products Mcafee , with better detection rates and less software bugs that even if they are known take years(yes years) to fix, very disapointed with my total protection , i got infected at least 3 times with fake avs and several other pieces of malware redirects etc  4 times in the last 3 months, this is not accetable. Your product was of no use to me , it didnt do it's job to protect my pc, and i don't want to hear the you should serf safer crap, i buy antivirus software to protect me , and other vendors offer me extra features that prevent malware infection from infecting me in the first place , a antivirus if it is configured correctly , if you have what to configure of course , mcafee lacks in features very bad, it offers me almost no control , should drasticaly reduce the chances i get infected.

Mcafee scores bad in all the tests you find with it.

testdinamicmai2011.jpg

1. G Data InternetSecurity: 99.8%

2. F-Secure Internet Security: 99.7%

3. BitDefender Internet Security: 99.5%

4. Symantec Norton Internet Security: 99.5%

5. TrendMicro: 99.2%

6. Panda Internet Security: 99.0%

7. ESET Smart Security: 98.9%

8. Qihoo 360 CN: 97.7%

9. Kaspersky Internet Security: 97.6%

10. AVAST Internet Security: 96.9%

11. Avira Premium Security Suite: 96.9%

12. AVG Internet Security: 95.3%

13. Sophos Endpoint Protection: 94.7%

14. Webroot Internet Security: 94.1%

15. McAfee Internet Security: 93.9%

1 Reply
SamSwift
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 2

Re: Nice job mcafee...

Hi Soljkom,

McAfee strives to earn top ratings and therefore the ranking and results as shown by AV-Comparatives are disappointing to McAfee.  Especially since the test results appear to be in direct opposition to the test results published in key reviews around the world, as well as earlier tests from AV-Comparatives that used different testing methodologies.

It is important to remember that these detection tests are always a snapshot taken at a given point in time. Nevertheless, McAfee will continue to further its improvement of detection capabilities and make sure our products are leading edge and competitive in all reviews.  To illustrate the effectiveness of McAfee’s security products, see also the AV-Comparatives report that was released a few months ago that measured performance and quality of anti-malware products from a more typical consumer use-case perspective.

According to this report, McAfee is one of the top security products. Based on the results in this test, McAfee’s 2011 products received the ADVANCED+ award--AV-Comparatives’ highest rating!

logo_od_ADV+_feb2011.jpg

Below are few highlights from that AV-Comparatives report:

False Positives

• McAfee achieved the absolute best score in the False Positives test: 0 False Positives. Compare this with Symantec (11) and Kaspersky (12). Trend Micro generated most false alarms of all tested products: 290!

Detection

• McAfee scored higher than both Symantec and Trend Micro with a detection rate of 96.8%, Symantec scored 95.5% and Trend Micro 94.4%. Kaspersky scored slightly higher (97%)

Scanning Speed

• McAfee outperformed all key competitors

On behalf of Marc Vos

Sr. Manager, WW Consumer Product Marketing

Message was edited by: SamSwift on 7/19/11 3:20:17 PM IST
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community