cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AceH
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

Need to find McAfee Uninstaller

I was setting up a new version of McAfee Total Protection on my sister's old laptop.  It had an old version of McAfee Security Suite which came as part of the software with the computer.  The new download was supposed to remove the existing McAfee but here was a problem and it didn't quite remove all of the old version.  Now everytime the computer is rebooted there is a error message which states McAffee was not removed properly...so you have to click OK to get rid of that message.  It appears that the new version of Total Protection was installed and appears to be working.

I went to Add/Remove and ther was the old version of McAfee Security Suite so I clicked "uninstall" but got a message that it could not find the uninstall file.  After several attemps and reboots, the entry was removed from Add/Remove but the program itself was not removed completely thus the error message each time the compuiter is booted.  I would like ot know where I can find the Mcafee Uninstaller which will remove both the old version of Security Suite and the New Total Protection so I can re-install Total Protection and hopefully get rid of the error message each time the computer is booted.

P.S.  As previously stated this is my sister's computer and she can't find the original discs, so trying to reinstall the old Mcafee then uninstall it is not an option.

1 Reply
CopyRon
Former Member
Message 2 of 2

Re: Need to find McAfee Uninstaller

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community