cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amyzinnc
Former Member
Message 11 of 17

Re: Need HELP asap re: real time scanning!

this is the best I could get...

IMG00577-20110127-1245.jpgIMG00576-20110127-1217.jpg

Dinz
Former Member
Message 12 of 17

Hey amyzinnc,

Thanks for providind us the information , please follow the below steps and verify that your Real time scanner stays enabled;

Check and uninstall if you have any other secuirty software / scanner installed (Probably malware bytes by now)

Download and save the utility from the link below to your desktop:

http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/oas-disabled-fix.cmd

Double-click the oas-disabled-fix.cmd tool.

NOTE: Windows Vista and 7 users should right-click oas-disabled-fix.cmd and select Run as Administrator.

If you receive the error StopService: Unable to open service McShield via SCM (5), press CTRL+C to terminate the process.  You will be prompted to terminate the batch job. Type Y and press ENTER. Run the oas-disabled-fix utility again.

Restart your computer and ensure that McAfee Security Center shows that Real-Time Scanning is enabled.

Get back to us if still Real time scanner fails to enable .

ConorD62
Former Member
Message 13 of 17

Hi Amyzinnc,

Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance.

Although in your screen shot of Malwarebytes, it seems you have downloaded an old one.

amyzinnc
Former Member
Message 14 of 17

ok so i deleted malwarebytes. I downloaded the oas link to desktop. I cannot double click to open..nothing happens. When I right click, there is no "run" option. What can i do now!?
The only other things I have downloaded still on here is mcafee virtual assistant and microsoft security essentials. Should I uninstall those too?

Dinz
Former Member
Message 15 of 17

This seems more to be something blocking the scanner to be enabled. Please click on Useful Links at the top of this page and get connected with our chat technicians who would help you in getting this fixed.

newjack
Former Member
Message 16 of 17

Next time you could change the name of malwarebytes.You go into  program files find malwarebytes.Then change the mbam.exe file name to a random name.Say - fire.exe or explore.exe

then you try to update.The malware protects itself from these kinds of programs.That is why it won`t update.If chat does`nt help try to go into safe mode with networking and download malwarebytes then change the mbam.exe file and update.You may have to change the executable too.                           good luck

user_38017
Contributor
Message 17 of 17

check whether you have got any strange icons on the desktop screen  or on the start programs.

if the answer is no . Then try entering into safe mode with networking ( Turn off the computer & Tapping F8 continueously imeediately after turning on the computer )

and try to delete the Temp files and reset the internet Explorer Settings from the Tools->Internet options->Advanced->Reset

reboot the system and try to update the mcafee. Most of the issues has to be resolved by this, If not contact the mcafee technical support team for help

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community