cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pjpj
Former Member
Message 1 of 7

My internet toolbar has a mind of its own

I have run a virus scan several times but if I click on any menue items of my tool bar my cuser moves all over the place and I can't access any of the menu items (such as tools, safety, etc). The curser moves to the end of the sentence I am typing now and does not let me change my message.

6 Replies
k3tg
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Re: My internet toolbar has a mind of its own

McAfee has published a document which can help you to resolve the issue you are having. Please be sure to follow the steps suggested in and try the general stinger scan mentioned.

After completing the steps in the document and you continue to have problems then I would suggest you run the free version of this tool http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php// after installation check for the latest updates and run the tool and let it clean everything it finds and reboot the computer.

Let us know how this works for you and good luck.

pjpj
Former Member
Message 3 of 7

Stinger found some trojan files and deleted them but the problem is not solved. The drop down menus go crazy (are not accessible) and the curser tends to move all over the screen for no reason at times.Thanks for the advice but it did not work.

k3tg
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Ok on the stinger scan and it confirms my original thought that there is some virus and malware activity going on. I would suggest you run the other program I suggested. Its a good idea to download these to a usb stick and to rename the download and installation files to something you can easily remember as malware and virus are written to protect themselves. Install the software and check for the latest updates and run the program and let it clean everything it finds and reboot the computer.

Peacekeeper
Message 5 of 7

Did you try MWB that Tom also mentioned. Maybe download it onto a usb stick on a friends Pc rename download to say MW.exe and install on your PC. Install it to a renamed folder ie do not use the suggested 1 and then run it and update it. Then full scan your pC.

pjpj
Former Member
Message 6 of 7

Thank you all. Come to find out that the mouse was dying which caused the curser to fly all over the page and pull down memus to go crazy every time I used the mouse.  The virus removal software did clean up infected files and the new mouse is doing the trick.

Peacekeeper
Message 7 of 7

Darn rodents thanks for the update

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 31/07/10 6:46:13 AM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community